Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Toyota Tundra double cab SR5. I just purchased an OEM toyota navigation (from a 2007 tundra). I want to add a back up camera and was wondering how I would go about doing that. Is it possible to buy one and connect it to the navigation? I would like to buy a original but am confused where to buy one at a good price. Also, do I need to buy a separate screen or would the camera work with the navigation lcd. Thank you for your help.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Toyota used to make a backup camera which was integrated into the tailgate handle, part number PT233-34070 but it was discontinued. Apparently a company called Rostra Precision Controls now makes one that is very similar. I'd check those out if I were you.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Can the rear view mirror with the monitor built into it from a newer truck be installed on his 2007

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
up to 09 is the same as 07. wiring connector changes for 2010 prevent a 2010 monitor in the rearview mirror from plugging right in. some have modified it.

but if you have the OEM nav and are putting it in, get a rostra camera, they have one that mounts in the tailgate handle by drilling a hole, and it looks similar to stock. should all just plug right in provided you are prewired for the camera (look in the previous threads on how to find the camera wiring at the tailgate and that should help). do a search as well others have done this same thing and have done write ups on the connectors etc. good luck!

·
Registered
987 Posts
I just installed one last week. I bought the Rostra camera from Cavender Toyota. Price is good, shipping was fast. The first one I got lasted one day. Mike at Cavender sent me a new one the next day and a return for the old one. It's working like a champ. Installation was a breeze, it connected to the existing factory wiring. I bought a monitor from my local Toyota dealer cheap (last one they had) and put it in the overhead console. If you need one, check Cavender out:

Rostra Camera 07-09 Tundra back up camera. 250-8109

If you send them an email through their website, Mike will get back to you right away. You can ask him if it will work with your Nav. I think it will. The Rostra is designed to be a factory replacement.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
I absolutely love my stock backup camera setup! I have seen the monitors/screens on the rearview mirrors and on the visors; they aren't even close to the quality of the view on the head unit....... I will have a backup camera on every vehicle I ever have in the future; CALL IT SPOILED after having it..........

1 - 6 of 6 Posts