Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i went into my local tire shop and bought new helo rims and was gonna get 285/75/16 toyo ats to go on them... aprently they are backorder then come to find out basically all at tires in that size are back ordered besides the bfg at's... any ideas why this is and when it will become available?..... i called the chain shops to and got the same answer

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i want an a/t tire that is a little aggresive off road but its mainly highway driving and i want it to last pretty long. have bfgs now figured id try somthing new... actually im told he can get terra grapplers but not to interested in those... looking at toyo at's or cooper at or somthing similar

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I read somewhere yesterday that there is a recall ON TOYO A/T and some of the PROXES AS WELL.

GOOGLE your tires and see, don't remember where....

·
2015 Toyota Tundra DC SR5 5.7L
8,534 Posts
well i want an a/t tire that is a little aggresive off road but its mainly highway driving and i want it to last pretty long. have bfgs now figured id try somthing new... actually im told he can get terra grapplers but not to interested in those... looking at toyo at's or cooper at or somthing similar
Why have you decided to disregard the Nittos? They are great tires. Aggressive tread blocking, not loud on the highway, excellent in the rain, and very reasonable price-wise. I have a set of the LT265/75R16s 119Q 8-ply Terra Grapplers and love them. The carry a max rated psi of 65. I run the fronts at 48-50 and the rears at 40-42psi, empty. The truck runs great.

If/when I need them to tow for me, I have a D-rated tire to do it. AND, I paid $146/ea. Guys are saying their getting 50,000 out of them, and for what they can do offroad, that's amazing.

You can't go wrong with the Firestone Destination A/Ts either, and I looked at them as well, but my local Firestone dealer wanted the sun and the moon for them (approx $185/tire... :eek:)

I'd give the Terra Grappler another look.

·
Registered
330 Posts
i just ordered yoko's geolanders at from discount tire, shipped in 2 days from ohio to vt. cheap too, 111$ each

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
toyo makes nitto and i had those on a previous truck and they wore at 30,000 or less. constantly watched psi did everything i could. read alot of forums and people say you have a 50 50 shot at being the guy with 50,000mi tires or half that...idk just scared lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts