Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking at a 5.5" lift, and it says factory wheels must be replaced with wheels with a minimum backspacing of 4". Can I just use some sort of spacer and retain my factory wheels? this would save an enormous amount of money. I can mount 35's on the factory rim (i believe that was the largest I could find that would fit). By the way I have an 02 tacoma 2.7L 4 banger. Prerunner, 16" stock rims with 31's.

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
yes spacers will help you-but with 35's I dont know how good that is on your front suspension- I thought about getting 33's for my ac tundra-bc I have the nice gun metal finish 17 inch wheels off of a seq-I was going to get 2.5 inch spacers up front-you can get them a lot of places-ebay for sure- not bad- But I think I am going to just save a little more and get some nice aftermarket wheels-

peace-

·
Registered
469 Posts
35" tires on a 4 banger taco will kill your HP. I hope you plan on regearing.:cool: That's about another $700-$1000 installed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is there a way to figure out what differential gear ratio I have? Like a number on the door jam or something?

·
Registered
469 Posts
I believe tacos come with 4:10 gearing.

·
Registered
469 Posts
The axle code for your rig can be found on the manufacture's sticker located on the driver's side door jamb as follows:
First digit:
  • A = 7.5" ring gear
  • B = 8" ring gear
Next two digits:
  • 01 = 3:42
  • 02 = 3:58
  • 03 = 4:10
  • 04 = 4:56
  • 05 = 3:15
  • 06 = 3:91
  • 07 = 4.30
Last digit: