Toyota Tundra Forums banner

Would you install a backup beeper on your truck?

• Yes - definitely

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes - but only with a toggle switch

• Maybe - if it sounded ok

• No - never in a million years

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Genius
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received a small mod for free recently but I am not sure that I want to install it on my 07 DC Limited. It is a WOLO BA-52 Backup Beeper which installs under your rear bumper and connects to your reverse light. I hooked it up to a battery to test the sound and it is similar to what you hear on commercial trucks.

My 02 Tacoma was hit twice from the rear by people that backed into me in parking lots when I was already backing up first, so I thought this might be a good idea, but then I'm not sure that I want the dang thing buzzing all the time either. What would you do?

·
Registered
528 Posts
ummmm...no thank you

·
Registered
595 Posts
I would pass on that. Those are annoying.
I think that is the point. It annoys other peple so they take notice that you are there. ;)

·
Deliciously Blunt
5,667 Posts
That's what you have a horn for brutha! You would never use the toggle switch...it would either be left on or off, but you wouldn't bother with it.

I say don't sweat the backup alarm...to be honest whenever I see a non-commercial vehicle with them...I think it's a bit ghey. No offense, that's just my opinion.:)

·
Registered
764 Posts
And how you gonna sneak out at night?

·
Registered
226 Posts
I love my quite time in my bowstand at around 4AM until some idiot with a backup beeper backs into a spot 1/2 mile away. If its a grocery getter, go ahead. If you are doing any outdoors activities, skip it, or just drive a dump truck into the woods for the same effect.

·
Jedi Ninja in Training
8,309 Posts
Dammit, I voted wrong, should have read before. I thought this was for sonar.:cry:

My real vote would be no, never in a million years.

·
Registered
128 Posts
AHHH crap!!! Please retract my vote for "Yes, if it has a toggle switch"...

I read the post wrong and thought we were talking about a backup sensor!!

Heck no, I would never install a backup beep/alarm!!

Please don't install that on your personal truck!

·
Registered
528 Posts
Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep

Thats annoying :devil: LOL

·
Super Genius
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So far the score is 15 in favor depending on circumstances, 33 against. Backout a few of the positive votes for those that misunderstood and we have 12 in favor, 36 against. This is only 25% in favor and most of those would want it on a toggle switch, which I agree is something I would forget to turn on and most likely it would be off when I really needed it. Looks like I will sell the thing on eBay.

I guess I will just use my train horn instead... :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts