Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to wire in a backup beeper for my 2001 SR5 Sequioa. Anyone know where I can find the place to wire it in? I've pulled the rear tail-light assemblies, but the wires are all bundled together and I'm not seeing a good place to bring the wire in either.

TIA,
Owen

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
just use the hot side of back up light. you should be able to tell where the 2 wires go in to the reverse light bulb socket. find the positive wire and splice in a second wire for the beepers.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Why not just buy the bulb with the beeper built in to it?
Replace both sides and have "stereo". !!!!
Actually, I was looking for the bulb with the beeper built in and could not locate one that explicitly said it would fit the Sequoia. So I bought the external mount one...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
just use the hot side of back up light. you should be able to tell where the 2 wires go in to the reverse light bulb socket. find the positive wire and splice in a second wire for the beepers.
When I took off the tail-light assembly, there was just one massive connector on the back of it and a sealed plastic unit. I'll take another look to see what I can see...

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
yes, all you have to do is have some one put the car in reverse and unplug the harness and you can start checking the pins/sockets of the harness until you find reading 12 volts or more. (put the emergency brake on and let off the brake pedal so that the brake lights are not receiving current or else there will be more than one thing that has power.)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts