Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
members, i'm looking to see if there is an interest of tundra owners who are looking to add the 2010 version of the backup camera and mirror to their trucks. i have contacted mito and we can save quite a bit of money putting together a group buy. The mirror is the newer Gentex 3.3" 50-2010 TUN 332 mirror w/ autodim. The more expensive version 50-2010TUN3345 comes with homelink and compass. The standard mirror w/ lcd and autodim is $376.00, the group buy would put it @ $310.00. The upgraded mirror w/ homelink, autodim, and compass is $549.00 but would be $503.00 with the group buy. Mito, 1-800-433-6486 also recommended contacting get auto extras as they might entertain group buys as well. The rostra camera is $299.00 but would be a proposed $209.00 with the group buy. I'm just trying to get an idea if there is enough members out there that want to add this to their trucks and save some money too. Both items are plug and play w/ the factory harnesses as long as you have the towing package. attached is the pdf file of the gentex mirrors.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I may be interested in a group buy. The price they gave you is not very good, however. Autoanything.com has it listed at $339.95. With 15 % off, that would bring it down to few cents below $289 (with free shipping).

·
Registered
59 Posts
members, i'm looking to see if there is an interest of tundra owners who are looking to add the 2010 version of the backup camera and mirror to their trucks. i have contacted mito and we can save quite a bit of money putting together a group buy. The mirror is the newer Gentex 3.3" 50-2010 TUN 332 mirror w/ autodim. The more expensive version comes with homelink and compass. The standard mirror w/ lcd and autodim is $376.00, the group buy would put it @ $310.00. The upgraded mirror w/ homelink, autodim, and compass is $659.00 but would be $600.00 or better with the group buy. Mito, 1-800-433-6486 also recommended contacting get auto extras as they might entertain group buys as well. The rostra camera is $299.00 but would be a proposed $199.00 with the group buy. I'm just trying to get an idea if there is enough members out there that want to add this to their trucks and save some money too. Both items are plug and play w/ the factory harnesses as long as you have the towing package. attached is the pdf file of the gentex mirrors.
Patt lobb toyota was selling the homelink compass, backup camera mirror with the backup camera too for $600. Their ebay listing is down, but you might be able to call them. There is another place selling the rearview + camera for $629.99

Gentex 50-GENK352TUN3 Electrochromic Auto Dimming Rearview Mirror Kit for 2009 up Toyota Tundra Pick Up with 3.5 Inch Rear Camera Display

The one from pat lobb is definitely plug and play (I installed it a few days ago). The one from quality mobile may not be plug and play in the 2010's although the drop down separates 2010+ from prior years

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
not sure if that the same mirror. looks like the older models. definately worth checking out.

·
Registered
59 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
I would be interested with a more competitive price. I have a 2011 DC and with all of the malls and construction sites I work at it would help a lot so I don't customize my bumper.

Where does the camera mount? (I guess I should go look at the pdf.)

·
Registered
59 Posts
I would be interested with a more competitive price. I have a 2011 DC and with all of the malls and construction sites I work at it would help a lot so I don't customize my bumper.

Where does the camera mount? (I guess I should go look at the pdf.)
There is a space in the lower left of your tailgate latch. It requires you to drill a 1 1/16" hole for the camera.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the part number i was given was 50-2010TUN332. this one is a 3.3" LED LCD display w/ autodimming. Its my understanding the 2.4" and the 3.5" displays are the older models. The 3.3" monitor is supposed to have a clearer and brighter picture than the others. I agree, this set up will definately help backup the truck up w/o customizing the bumper.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I am not seeing the $310 as a bargan, but if we could get the price a little better, I'd be in. I have been wanting to get one for a while.

Which Rostra is that price on? They have both the mirror LCD style and the overhead console type.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the mirror lcd type. i attached a pdf file with my original posting regarding the mirror. $310 is a pretty good deal. IMO. so far the cheaper ones are not for our trucks.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Members,

I contacted the sales dept at www.getautoextras.com. They are interested in working with us on an order to get us a deal on the gentex 3.3" lcd mirrors with homelink and compass. the camera is the rostra that is mounted to the tailgate handle. They will ship and handle the purchases from their store once we can confirm there are atleast 10 of us interested in this deal. Once there is an interest in this purchase i'll have this approved by TundraSolutions. details are:

Here’s your price on the following package: 2010 – 2011 Toyota Tundra Plug and Play backup camera with Auto Dimming mirror package:

Individually this is the cost breakdown.
Includes:50-2010TUN3345 Mirror w/ built in 3.3” screen, HomeLink, Compass. Mito Tundra Tailgate Camera $549 + $226 = $775(+shipping)
(this is the same mirror listed in my 1st attachment)(MITO is the distrubutor of the Rostra camera)

On the group buy option (Qty 10 or more): Same Package Price: $503 + $209 = $712(+shipping)

Let me know, thanks. Brad Gardner
www.GetAutoExtras.com<image001.gif> <image002.gif>Office: 702-421-1966Mobile: [email protected]

·
Registered
799 Posts
Not trying to hijack your group buy but have you considered some other options?
I wired up a camera with a 4" monitor in the sunglasses holder for under $100.
You could even buy a DVD HU for $300-400 with two A/V inputs and have a bigger screen.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well, i was trying to go with the most OEM approach to getting the backup camera w/mirror. the benefits of not having to splice or modify the original wiring is a plus. i would love to instal a head unit that would display the backup camera and nav but we are talking big bucks going down that route. my biggest concern is to safely back this thing up.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Sorry, $700+ is out of my budget on the Tundra.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i know its a bit expensive but i'm still looking for tundra owners that want to save a few bucks on an expensive and not really necessary mod.:ts:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Unfortunately, I'm out. $700+ is too much for me. Good luck, it looks like an easy setup and a quality product

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
probably going to pull the trigger on the purchase by 7/08/11. anyone interested please chime in before that date.:first:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
doing a little more reasearch about the mirrors on quality mobile video's website. i found out that the price is just for the mirror. you would still need to get the camera. i'm thinking we are getting a good deal here if we can get atleast 10 of us interested.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Here's a better deal on a backup camera and mirror from get auto extras.com

Mito 50-2010TUN332 Mirror – 3.3” Display Auto Dimming Prewired Mirror W/ 20-TY2010TUN 2010+ Tundra Prewired Tailgate Camera $509

this model is posted in my original posts' attachment. it does not have the homelink and compass features of the more expensive mirror. Its all plug and play and install is a snap.
the price reflects the group buy with 10 members confirming an order.

let me know if there are any questions?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
bump:D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts