Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone familiar with this truck? I would like to get some info and more pictures of it. I would really like to get an underside picture of the exhaust if anyone has one. I think I found this picture on Socaltundras forum but can not remember and cant seem to find any more pictures or even this one.
Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
313 Posts
im pretty sure that tundra was in Donaho Racing's advertising photos

·
Registered
313 Posts
Yes, it was a Donahoe Racing project vehicle

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes you are correct, I can only locate limited info on the truck all of the links I have found seem to have been deleted. Apparently Donahoe has changed its name to Icon Vehicle Dynamics. The truck was custom built for Norwalk Toyota. I would really like to get photos of the exhaust design. If anyone can provide photos of the exhaust or any other photos please post them.
Thanks for the start.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
...Apparently Donahoe has changed its name to Icon Vehicle Dynamics...
Just as far as this here, from what I understand, Donahoe used to produce all of the coil overs and other suspension parts for another big brand (forget who) which sold it under their name. That big brand contracted Donahoe for a big order then backed out after they had already made a large quantity. Donahoe got fed up and broke off to start their own company: Icon Vehicle Dynamics.

Back on TacomaWorld where I come from, they were selling off all their old stock from that lost order and people were scoring their top of the line coil over kits for like $300

Now Icon continues to produce their own stuff and no longer manufactures for another brand

Just a little history for ya :D

·
...Raptor Slayer...
2,233 Posts
Is anyone familiar with this truck? I would like to get some info and more pictures of it. I would really like to get an underside picture of the exhaust if anyone has one. I think I found this picture on Socaltundras forum but can not remember and cant seem to find any more pictures or even this one.
Thanks
Thats garret russo's tundra i went to highschool with him in La Verne California and he got that truck for his birthday when he was 17 from his dads toyota dealership it then went straight to Donahoe Racing and it recieved 80K worth of work to it all together inculding the truck price brand new...haha thats funny i have been in that truck before and when it was done used to be white too!!! Its also been featured in offroad magazine!!!

·
Premium Member
6,857 Posts
Yes you are correct, I can only locate limited info on the truck all of the links I have found seem to have been deleted. Apparently Donahoe has changed its name to Icon Vehicle Dynamics. The truck was custom built for Norwalk Toyota. I would really like to get photos of the exhaust design. If anyone can provide photos of the exhaust or any other photos please post them.
Thanks for the start.
The DR name went down when the owner was caught up with some illegal stuff. Then the company was bought and renamed to Icon Vehicle Dynamics. If one was interested there still might be threads discussing this....

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Wow this thread is a flashback, havent seen garret's old truck in a while now

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Krewitup13, If your still in contact with Russo on Face Book or what ever could you try to get him to post some pictures of this thing if he is able. I would really like to see some underside pictures of the exhaust. It appears that they ran the pipe up over the top of the frame and then out the side. Also, was that a single in dual out muffler or a single/single? The Off Road Web article only shows a side picture.
Thanks for your help

·
...Raptor Slayer...
2,233 Posts
Krewitup13, If your still in contact with Russo on Face Book or what ever could you try to get him to post some pictures of this thing if he is able. I would really like to see some underside pictures of the exhaust. It appears that they ran the pipe up over the top of the frame and then out the side. Also, was that a single in dual out muffler or a single/single? The Off Road Web article only shows a side picture.
Thanks for your help
i sure dont...i dont even live near him anymore

1 - 16 of 16 Posts