Toyota Tundra Forums banner

bad day

1K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  eharri3 
#1 ·
it was already hot enough in vacaville on the way home from tahoe. and some idiot decide to come out of the alleyway and hit my car from the side. Luckily he hit the front corner of the car and not the side of the car.it is in pretty bad shape, bumper has a big dent, the headlight is pushed in, the plastic piece under the lights is broken and the fender is pushed back so the doors rub when i open or close the door.

i am new to all this (knock on wood), so i am wondering what should i do to make sure i get it fixed right? of course i will call the insurance company but today is labor day, so that will have to wait til tomorrow.

any help on this?
thanks!

#3 ·
make sure you take it to a good shop. some of the shops will take your $5000 check and do a $500 job that comes out really sh/tty. ask around and check out the projects they're working on. look at the lines and see if they're even and if they can match paint. you can see it especially in the sun light how good they do. if you have a deductible, you can usually work that in the deal too so you don't have to come out of pocket!

#5 ·
i called their insurance company and they said he already filed a claim but they are not open today, so i will have to wait til tomorrow to get this sorted out.

i also made a call to my insurance company and filed a claim. dunno if that helps.but shouldnt i do that anyways?
sorry new to all this

T.T

#6 ·
Sounds like you know who hit ya. Atleast it was no some idiot who hit and ran. Did he leave a note or what? I say get it fixed at the dealer!

#7 ·
well it happened while i was driving down the street. is it good to get it fixed at the dealer? or a body shop?

#9 ·
well it happened while i was driving down the street. is it good to get it fixed at the dealer? or a body shop?
I live in Vacaville and Corby's Collision does very good work in town. They have done several of my vehicles and are up front and honest in my dealings with them.

The lady at the front desk (Denise?) is very knowledgeable but somewhat brusque on first contact. Don't let it deter you - she is actually quite personable if treated with respect.

#10 ·
too bad, i dont live in vacaville. i was just driving by and stopped to grab some lunch

#12 ·
Give the guy's insurance company a reasonable chance to make this right. I know when I got in my accident my INS company told me my best option was to file a NOTIFICATION of an accident first, to make sure I was covered in that they knew I disclosed it in a timely manner. The other party was a 16 yr old girl who didn't have her info at the scene but was supposed to get it and report to the police station. My company said wait on filing a claim and going ahead with repairs to see if the other guy came through, notified his company, who would then get in touch with me. This way hopefully I could avoid being screwed over having to pay out the deductible then wait to get it back.

I did it that way, notifying them I was hit but not filing. Then the other drive'rs parents dicked around for a few weeks without doing the right thing and the a-hole cop who cut her loose and told her to report to him with her insurance info within 20 days dragged his feet about going out to her house.

So I went ahead and filed my claim. My vehicle immediately went in for repairs on my company. THEN they used the info I had, did a trace, got the other party's insurance info, and went after them for reimbursement and my deductible. Unless it seems unlikely the other company will pay up or you have little or no deductible, or maybe it's something that can't wait to be fixed, I would say wait and give the other party's insurance a chance to make it right first.

#13 ·
the other guy already filed a claim and they called me this morning asking me where i would like to get it fixed. and they emailed me a list of shops that work with their insurance company and i guess they told me to find a shop around here if i wanted. and that was the end of the call. so i will wait and see what happens with this.

also i forgot to add here that the sonar is busted..... it beeps out of control now

#14 ·
And be prepared to receive a number of recorded phone calls over the next few weeks from the other party's company asking repeatedly how you're feeling.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.