Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,116 Posts
what is the best way to remove tacoma badges?
Get you some 30LB test fishing line, a set of work gloves, and some Mother's Instant detailing spray. Also, get a couple of 1-inch PLASTIC (not metal) putty or drywall knifes from Home Depot, a bottle of Goo-Gone, and your wife's hair dryer.

Hose down the badge with the spray, cut a 3-foot section of fishing line, wrap each end around your gloved hands, and use it to "saw" the badge off by cutting through the foam tape that holds it on. The spray is to provide some lubrication for the fishing line.

Once you have the badge off, saturate the remaining adhesive with Goo-Gone. Heat the adhesive with the hair dryer, and gingerly scrape it off with the putty knife. You will also need to use Goo-Gone and a rag to get every last little bit off.

Hint: It also helps to leave your truck out in the hot sun for a few hours to soften up the adhesives.

To remove the TRD decals, heat it up with the hair dryer, pull up a corner with your fingernail, and slowly start peeling it off, keeping it warm with the hair dryer. DO NOT use a Heat Gun; it will cook off your paint.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I doubled up dental Floss. Broke a few times but i didnt want to buy fishing line. It worked great. I actually got my wifes hair dryer to work in the bed outlet too. Just had to keep it on low, but it still heated up nicely.

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
I just used a hair dryer to warm them up, then just started to pull them off. worked nicely, what little goo was left just rolled off with my fingers, and a little goo gone..:tu:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts