Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed the bakflip with the utility rails left on?I've seen a post that shows it but my dealer says there is no part number for this type installation. He wants to just remove the track but i'd rather leave it on .:D

·
Registered
55 Posts
Has anyone installed the bakflip with the utility rails left on?I've seen a post that shows it but my dealer says there is no part number for this type installation. He wants to just remove the track but i'd rather leave it on .:D
I have not. I received my bakflip a few weeks back and installed by removing the rail track. I waiting on the correct rails, to be used with the rail track, to arrive. The last time I talked to the company they expected to have them in a few weeks.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I have not. I received my bakflip a few weeks back and installed by removing the rail track
I ordered mine sunday. I wondered how you like it so far, and if it is a good fit, looks, water tight, and secure as they claim? And how long did it take to get it?
Sorry for the slight highjack and thanks for any response.:)

·
Registered
55 Posts
I ordered mine sunday. I wondered how you like it so far, and if it is a good fit, looks, water tight, and secure as they claim? And how long did it take to get it?
Sorry for the slight highjack and thanks for any response.:)
so far so good.
One of the main reason for buying was I like the looks ( I posted pics in an earlier thread). Very low profile. As far as watertight, this was not a concern of mine...I do not expect any top, other than solid ones, to be 100% watertight. I have not hooked up drain lines since I was waiting on the correct rails to come in and would do it just once. I do not think that it is 100% watertight, but again I do not care if a drop or two gets in the bed.
I like being able to fold it up (without taking it off) and use the entire bed without it taking up any bed space.
Secure- not sure what they claim, but I think out of sight is the best security. If someone wants to get into your bed they can ( just like they can get into the cab). The only thing that I do not like is that I have to open the tailgate to open the top.
It took about a week (shipping time for West coast to East coast).
Hope this answers your questions...if not drop me a line

1 - 7 of 7 Posts