Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The shop that mounted and balanced my BFG AT tires had a problem balancing 2 wheels on my truck. So after a few months of dealing with it, I decided to go to a different shop to get them rebalanced. The owner of the shop recommended that he install "Equal" drop in balancing sand/powder. I was sketical at first, but he only had two really anal people come back for weight balancing instead of the Equal. After he was done, I hopped in the truck and went down the highway at 90mph. To my amazement, the vibration was gone. I guess the big rigs have been using the stuff for years. The tire shop has installed it in motorcycles as well as trucks with huge mud tires too. The website is International Marketing, Inc. if you want to read up on it.

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts
I have used Tire Balancing Products beads for years in mud tires & motorcycle tires with great success.

Many people will never believe it though. To each their own.....

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
A good tech can do a great job balancing. I'm not sure of beads in a tpms wheel

granted i am no expert on this subject, and it seems that the beads would never come in contact with the tpms sensors because the sensors are mounted to the rims. it appears that the beads, as a result of centrifugal forces, would stay in contact with the tire instead of the rim as the vehicle is moving. the faster the wheel/tire is spinning, the more centrifugal forces that are effecting the beads.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts