Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://199.79.180.162/prepos/files/Artemis/Public/Recalls/2007/V/RCRIT-07V013-5417.pdf

NHTSA ODI - Recalls documents

FYI--Lakeland Toyota has been NO help at all!!!!

I called Toyota (with the help from tundrasolutions.com, TY), found out my truck was on the list. Sent 3 emails to service dept. saying so, no reply!!! Went to dealership, they looked up and confirmed it, said out of stock on parts and will put me on "a list" and get back to me next week. That was 2 weeks ago!!! Still waiting, geez I hope I don't crash in the mean time.

·
Premium Member
2,495 Posts
I just printed that out. That is great to have to walk into the dealership with!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I would try another dealership if possible. I was at the dealer last week, they looked up my truck, said they would order the parts and I have an appointment set for next week to get it done.

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Toyota is way behind in the production of the ball joints. Dealers are only getting a few at most every month or so. The best way to get the recall done is to give your dealer your VIN and have him order the ball joints. When they get some in, a pair will be set aside for your VIN. You don't need the recall letter to do this.

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
I'm not going to get in a hurry to get my ball joints done. Mine is an '06 which I bought in late August and it only has 3,100 miles on it. These folks with the '04's need to get theirs done first for safety reasons. I assume Toyota is sending out notices based on the age of the vehicle. That would make sense and probably explains why I haven't gotten my notice yet. I think these folks with the older vehicles should get theirs done first before someone gets hurt.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I have an '03 AC with about 43K on it, and I just got my 3rd recall notice in the mail today. I still haven't taken the truck in for service because I'm having absolutely no issues with it, and I'm frankly more afraid of what they'll do to the truck when they start messing with it than I am concerned about my balljoints falling out.

I am thinking about taking a trip in May, though, and getting some other work done then, so I imagine that I'll go ahead and have the work done and cross my fingers that someone doesn't rape my truck.

·
Premium Member
11,634 Posts
I have an '03 AC with about 43K on it, and I just got my 3rd recall notice in the mail today. I still haven't taken the truck in for service because I'm having absolutely no issues with it, and I'm frankly more afraid of what they'll do to the truck when they start messing with it than I am concerned about my balljoints falling out.

I am thinking about taking a trip in May, though, and getting some other work done then, so I imagine that I'll go ahead and have the work done and cross my fingers that someone doesn't rape my truck.
You're not serious?

If I was half as worried as you are, I'd stand beside the mechanic while he worked on it, just to make sure the only tool in the box isn't a sledgehammer, but you gotta think about your safety and the safety of others.

If your ball joints fail and you kill somebody, you're gonna kick yourself in the @$$ every day until your 100.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I have an '03 AC with about 43K on it, and I just got my 3rd recall notice in the mail today.
To avoid confusion, I'm guessing that's probably your 3rd notice because of the earlier recall (05V-225) begun in May 2005 for units produced from 2002 thru early 2004, not the current recall (07V-013) that began in January/February 2007 for units produced since 2004. If there's any doubt, you might want to check out some of those documents that stugotz linked in the first post.

·
Premium Member
2,495 Posts
I must re-iterate to everyone that the recall is for premature wear and not the ability to just snap under normal driving conditions. Many people are blowing up this recall into something bigger than it is. I have an 06 that is affected by the recall, yet I notice no problem with steering since purchasing the truck. Can my balljoints fail? Sure they can. I pay extra special attention to my truck and perform the service for everything. I will keep a close watch on my BJ's and if I feel they should be replaced, I will go to the dealer.

Yes, this recall is serious. But if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

·
Registered
369 Posts
I must re-iterate to everyone that the recall is for premature wear and not the ability to just snap under normal driving conditions. Many people are blowing up this recall into something bigger than it is. I have an 06 that is affected by the recall, yet I notice no problem with steering since purchasing the truck. Can my balljoints fail? Sure they can. I pay extra special attention to my truck and perform the service for everything. I will keep a close watch on my BJ's and if I feel they should be replaced, I will go to the dealer.

Yes, this recall is serious. But if it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Agreed!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts