Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dropped my truck off this morning to have the ball joints replaced. The service manager said they also will be doing an alignment. Question 1: Is there any way I can tell for sure that an alignment was done short of watching for excessive wear on my tires? I have just over 9400 miles (had the oil changed at 3000 & 6000) and am having it changed again today to Mobile 1. Question 2: Is the $65.00 the dealer charges for a oil change (Mobile 1) and filter within "normal" charges? I know I could save by doing it myself but with being self employed, soccer with the kids, fishing, camping, etc, I just don't have the time. I believe I could get it done at Wally World for around $40.00 but I don't trust the kids they have working there. Thanks

·
Registered
47 Posts
Had my ball joints replaced a few weeks back. They should provide you with a print out of the before and after alignment specs. Atleast my dealership did.:devil:

·
Registered
259 Posts
I dropped my truck off this morning to have the ball joints replaced. The service manager said they also will be doing an alignment. Question 1: Is there any way I can tell for sure that an alignment was done short of watching for excessive wear on my tires? I have just over 9400 miles (had the oil changed at 3000 & 6000) and am having it changed again today to Mobile 1. Question 2: Is the $65.00 the dealer charges for a oil change (Mobile 1) and filter within "normal" charges? I know I could save by doing it myself but with being self employed, soccer with the kids, fishing, camping, etc, I just don't have the time. I believe I could get it done at Wally World for around $40.00 but I don't trust the kids they have working there. Thanks
For #1, what Gators said...they should provide you with a printout of the alignment numbers.

On #2, I'd say it's a little on the high side, but it's not like they're totally ripping you off.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
If you do not ask for print out of alignment adjustments i would bet ya do not get one!! I have been wrong and you very well could get one but i would put my money on first thought!! The print out gives you Toyota reccomended specs on the sheet, and what it read prior to replacement and specs after replacement!! The SW should have no problem giving you this but ya needed to ask him before ya dropped it off!! Not bad price on oil change if he used Mobil 1 and Toyota filter as long as he supplied the Mobil 1 and actually used it!! If it's a 4x4 ya need running gear lubed!!:tu:

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
my dealer charges 9 bucks a quart for mobil 1. i know it is a rip off, but people still go and uses mobil 1. if you buy your own and go there, it is cheaper.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts