Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered my wheel/tire package consisting of the ballistic offroad enigma 20x9 wheels and nitto nt420s 285/50R20 tires from discount tire here in town. They cut me a good deal plus threw in a $100 mir so I can't complain. I'm hoping that everything will be in and I'll be riding on my new stuff by the weekend. I'll be sure to post pics once I get them on so you guys can see how they look on the truck.

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
I just ordered my wheel/tire package consisting of the ballistic offroad enigma 20x9 wheels and nitto nt420s 285/50R20 tires from discount tire here in town. They cut me a good deal plus threw in a $100 mir so I can't complain. I'm hoping that everything will be in and I'll be riding on my new stuff by the weekend. I'll be sure to post pics once I get them on so you guys can see how they look on the truck.

congrats and looking forward to seeing the final results and hearing how you like your new 420s's. i'll bet they rock! isn't if fun getting new stuff for your truck???!!! :tu::tu:

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm looking forward to getting them on and seeing the difference to what I have now.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here is what she looks like with the stock 17" wheels and 265/70R17 goodyear fortera tripletreds. The new tires are only .3" shorter so the side view will remain unchanged apart from the lower profile and new wheels. The front and rear view will change because of the wider tires and new offset.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I checked yesterday and they have my wheels but the tires haven't come in yet. Maybe that will change today but I doubt it. Looks like it will have to wait until next weekend.

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
How do you like those goodyear tires? are they sticky when its wet or not? back kicking out/spinning easy when wet?

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The goodyears are pretty good. I do have a problem with spinning the rear when wet and recently I've hydroplaned which was an unsettling experience. These tires are supposed to channel water out and I wasn't going that fast when it happened. Plus with my brake upgrade they don't have enough grip when I apply max braking so I wanted a street performance tire and the nitto was it. I also looked at the cooper zeon series but I believe the nitto offers what I'm looking for.

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
When wet i have to put 0 effort to spin my 285 Goodyear Fortera's :( Braking never skids, but accelerating sucks. I have another +20K miles on my tires. Got winter tires as those are real help in winter, but still i want sticky summer tires. Too bad cant justify throwing these out.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes they do spin very easily when wet and even dry which is disappointing. I have a good amount of tread left on these tires however it's time for a change.

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
Darn :( I want something sticky. Considering true track locker for winter, because if its not in 4x4 even with winter tires sometimes its difficult to move as suckers spin like crazy. In 4x4 its a rocket :D

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Alright I got my package installed this morning. The front tires rubbed on the mud flap center screw so they had to remove it otherwise things are good. Here are the pics I promised and I have to say that these are quieter and just as smooth as the goodyears.

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
we'll have to call you the nitto banditto! that tread design is really sick. you mentioned the quietness of your new tires... the nitto 555's on my mustang at 285 in width are very quiet also. the design of your 420s treads look like they would be quieter though. your tread design also looks like it would channel out the water better. so hows the handling of your truck changed since going to the new wheel/tire set up? ride quality? the red and white accents of your wheels really compliment the color of your truck. doesn't stand out too much and ties in with the red of your tail lights quite nicely. looks excellent! red pin stripes next??

:tu::tu:

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for the compliments. I really haven't tried the handling aspect of them. I will drive it more next week and report back on the handling.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Ok, so recap the details for us, in case anyone wants the same setup...

Wheel Name: XXX
Wheel Size: ##" x #"
Wheel Back Space: ##"
Wheel Offset: ##"
Spacer: ##" / No Spacer Required
Tire Name: XXX
Tire Size: ##"

1 - 20 of 29 Posts