Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright this review is long over due. So for some background I have a 2011 Crewmax. I installed a magna flow dual in dual out same side exit exhaust. It sounded great but the drone was horrible. So after reading about all good things about the BAMuffler, after months of going back and forth i decided to just bite the bullet and shoot keith an email and order one of his BAMufflers.

So i get the muffler from Keith, and install it. First impression is, it sounds awesome. But as i continued to drive it, noticed the drone was still there. I will admit I was a bit disappointed, to find out that this "drone free" exhaust is droning for me. I was hesitant at first to mention it to keith or even ask about it here on the forum, just because Keith has been so helpful.

So i reach out to Keith, telling him about my experience with the exhaust. And how he's never had anyone say they had a problem with droning. So right away Keith tries to come up with solutions.

I just happen to have to go to San Diego where he was located, and without hesitation keith tells me to go to his house. We go for a road test just so he can hear this drone that I'm experiencing. Now I don't know too many exhaust manufacturers that are going to get in your truck and go on a road test.

Well long story short he added another helmholtz resonator to the middle section of the rear section of the exhaust and now the drone is gone.

Now I live in Northern California, so i have quite the road trip home, and all i can say is i couldn't be happier with the exhaust. Great overall sound, no drone on the freeway. I feel my low end power is better than with the magna flow. Even when i tow my boat the drone is barely noticeable.

Keith is a stand up guy, that stands behind his work. He has an awesome set up at his home. And knows his stuff about exhaust systems.

Anyone considering an exhaust i'd recommend even just talking to Keith

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Dude!!! (insert CA joke here) that's awesome!! Thx for the write up!! and, actually, I should be thanking you. It was because you had the gonads to show me the drone that my product was improved substantially. I now fabricate a helmholtz resonator that can simply clamp onto anybody's tailpipe and it's included in gen2 system that I make. I still give the option for the helmholtz in the system just because it's more work to put it in the tailpipe, but I recommend to everybody installing it in the tailpipe.........but you're the first;)

PS, also Thanks to you, my helmholtz doesn't whistle like a freight train LOL

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Alright this review is long over due. So for some background I have a 2011 Crewmax. I installed a magna flow dual in dual out same side exit exhaust. It sounded great but the drone was horrible. So after reading about all good things about the BAMuffler, after months of going back and forth i decided to just bite the bullet and shoot keith an email and order one of his BAMufflers.

So i get the muffler from Keith, and install it. First impression is, it sounds awesome. But as i continued to drive it, noticed the drone was still there. I will admit I was a bit disappointed, to find out that this "drone free" exhaust is droning for me. I was hesitant at first to mention it to keith or even ask about it here on the forum, just because Keith has been so helpful.

So i reach out to Keith, telling him about my experience with the exhaust. And how he's never had anyone say they had a problem with droning. So right away Keith tries to come up with solutions.

I just happen to have to go to San Diego where he was located, and without hesitation keith tells me to go to his house. We go for a road test just so he can hear this drone that I'm experiencing. Now I don't know too many exhaust manufacturers that are going to get in your truck and go on a road test.

Well long story short he added another helmholtz resonator to the middle section of the rear section of the exhaust and now the drone is gone.

Now I live in Northern California, so i have quite the road trip home, and all i can say is i couldn't be happier with the exhaust. Great overall sound, no drone on the freeway. I feel my low end power is better than with the magna flow. Even when i tow my boat the drone is barely noticeable.

Keith is a stand up guy, that stands behind his work. He has an awesome set up at his home. And knows his stuff about exhaust systems.

Anyone considering an exhaust i'd recommend even just talking to Keith
just an update, I'm now in a 3000sf shop with a full fabrication facility:) lift, tig welders, exhaust machine,, etc. In the last few months we've built literally hundreds of prototypes:) and we keep pushing the bar on Tundra exhaust. I can accurately say that I've put more R&D into Tundra exhaust than all other manufacturers combined:)

·
Registered
5 Posts
just an update, I'm now in a 3000sf shop with a full fabrication facility:) lift, tig welders, exhaust machine,, etc. In the last few months we've built literally hundreds of prototypes:) and we keep pushing the bar on Tundra exhaust. I can accurately say that I've put more R&D into Tundra exhaust than all other manufacturers combined:)
Do you have a website. I googled BA Mufflers but got a full service supply shop, of maybe that is you??

Also do you ship to Canada??

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am waiting for my BAMuffler (Budget). I ordered it early this past week. I spoke with Keith, and he is very much in tune with these trucks. He answered all my questions accurately and with confidence. I am looking forward to getting the setup. Everything that I have researched about these custom exhaust is positive, period!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Orderd my Budget system exhaust from Keith on Saturday Night. Super nice guy and great service. I'm in vegas so I'm getting the Vegas Special. Cant wait til November!

·
Registered
5 Posts
good to hear that hes a good guy and was able to help you fix your drone problem. if i was on this forum prior to getting my Corsa exhaust i would probably order one from him.

LOVE the way the Corsa sounds when you open it up and it is a very high quality product, i was very impressed by it but sometimes i wish it was just a little more louder with minor drone so i can hear it. i feel like the Corsa should have been the stock exhaust on our trucks

anyone know if there are any companies that make a Test pipe Cat Delete? or test pipe with a high flow cat? i dont want to do any cutting and welding on the exhaust and destroying what i currently have

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
good to hear that hes a good guy and was able to help you fix your drone problem. if i was on this forum prior to getting my Corsa exhaust i would probably order one from him.

LOVE the way the Corsa sounds when you open it up and it is a very high quality product, i was very impressed by it but sometimes i wish it was just a little more louder with minor drone so i can hear it. i feel like the Corsa should have been the stock exhaust on our trucks

anyone know if there are any companies that make a Test pipe Cat Delete? or test pipe with a high flow cat? i dont want to do any cutting and welding on the exhaust and destroying what i currently have
give me a call. I have a bolt in option for the catted/mid pipes;)

Keith 760-877-4234

·
Registered
30 Posts
I installed my BAMuffler system about a month ago and wanted to add my praise. Frankly, I can't find words for how awesome it is. I went with the 8" stainless system and the sound is perfect. This thing bolted in easier than any other "bolt-on" aftermarket part I've used in the past and only took about an hour to install including test-fitting, drilling the tailpipe and bolting on the resonator. The build quality is top notch with clean welds, beefy flanges and spot-on fitment. Really, the only moderately difficult part of the install was the resonator as it is designed to be a really tight fit on the tailpipe and took some effort to pop it on there while under the truck with the wheels on the ground. It would have been quite a bit easier if it was up on a lift or even jack stands but it was raining out and I don't have the clearance to jack it up in the garage.

I have to admit, I didn't fully believe the reviews that said it was silent on the freeway but they are totally true. This thing is the perfect balance of mean when you're on it and nearly non-existent in the cab when you are just cruising around town, etc. Keith and Rich are awesome to deal with too. Order to delivery only took about a month and the thing came wrapped like it was made out of glass. You can tell they've poured countless hours into developing their exhaust systems for the Tundra.

If you are at all considering upgrading your exhaust I would look no further. I can't say that I gained any MPGs other than the fact that I'm still hovering around 15 while spending a lot more time with my foot buried in the floor.

Keith, Rich - you guys rock!

·
Driver of 2 Tundra trucks
6,300 Posts
I am bringing this thread back to life because I just recently installed a custom 3-muffler system that Keith built specifically for my RCSB. I wanted performance gains without being loud, and this is what Dirty Deeds came up with for me. There is a nice rumble at start-up, and a pretty powerful roar when heavy throttle is applied but it's almost undetectable cruising & idling. I had to shorten my tail-pipe a bit to clear the leaf springs on my lowered rear end, other than that it was a simple plug-n-play bolt-on installation. Note: I have not install the Helmholtz device that came with the kit, so I am either unable to detect drone, or there simply isn't any. I don't have a bunch of miles on the system yet, but I am happy with the results thus far.

·
6,300 Posts
Update: I was able to detect the slightest amount of drone today during an extended trip, it's minimal but enough to convince me that I should install the Helmholtz someday soon.

·
6,300 Posts
Helmholtz removed, blocking plate installed.
It turns out the the resonator works best with a full length tailpipe, removing 24" of pipe as I have done makes the resonator non-essential.

·
Registered
8 Posts

·
6,300 Posts
Helmholtz removed, blocking plate installed.
It turns out the the resonator works best with a full length tailpipe, removing 24" of pipe as I have done makes the resonator non-essential.
It turns out that the Helmholtz works as advertised without a full length tail pipe.

The problem was a crappy installation of the cat-back & tail pipe, once I went back and corrected my installation mistakes and tightened everything up correctly - everything is perfect :cool:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts