Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have to replace my 02 sensor after cat converter, looks like all the nuts that are on the stud posts have dissapeard due to rust or what not. Looking to buy a bosch 02 sensor with direct connection but it doesnt come with the hex nut. Does anyone know what size the hex nut is?

thanks

·
Registered
170 Posts
Have to replace my 02 sensor after cat converter, looks like all the nuts that are on the stud posts have dissapeard due to rust or what not. Looking to buy a bosch 02 sensor with direct connection but it doesnt come with the hex nut. Does anyone know what size the hex nut is?

thanks
DO NOT BUY BOSCH!!!!!!

GO WITH DENSO!!!!!!!!

Also, replace both Bank 1 Sensor 2 and Bank 2 Sensor 2... Trust me!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Get the OEM one either from toyota or online to save some $. Denso is who makes the factory one. Bosch=junk.
I think they are a 10mm wrench 8mm thread if i am not mistaken from when I did mine. either that or 12mm wrench and 10mm stud.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Get the OEM one either from toyota or online to save some $. Denso is who makes the factory one. Bosch=junk.
I think they are a 10mm wrench 8mm thread if i am not mistaken from when I did mine. either that or 12mm wrench and 10mm stud.
Sorry I meant to say before that I picked up both front sensors from Amazon for $110.00 shipped to my door.

Also, buy a O2 sensor socket.

·
2015 Toyota Tundra DC SR5 5.7L
8,536 Posts
Get the sensors from rockauto.com and the nuts from your local dealer parts counter. Don't forget to also replace the metallic oval gasket as well. They should come in the same box with the sensor...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DO NOT BUY BOSCH!!!!!!

GO WITH DENSO!!!!!!!!

those were replaced when I purchased the truck, bank 1 sensor 1 was stripped so the dealer had to purchase a new manifold. The other one came out pretty good from what he said. I did Bank 1 sensor 2 last november, so I went ahead and got the final sensor just because the engine light came on. The bosch is 1 year replacement plus I got it locally for $39 on sale :) I just need to know what the hex nut size is.

Thanks

·
Registered
170 Posts
those were replaced when I purchased the truck, bank 1 sensor 1 was stripped so the dealer had to purchase a new manifold. The other one came out pretty good from what he said. I did Bank 1 sensor 2 last november, so I went ahead and got the final sensor just because the engine light came on. The bosch is 1 year replacement plus I got it locally for $39 on sale :) I just need to know what the hex nut size is.

Thanks
Is the one you did in Novomber Denso or Bosch?

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
The nuts are M8x1.25 thread pitch, either a 12mm or 13mm hex depending on where you get them, I usually remove the old sensor, run a thread die over the studs to clean off what is left of the old nuts and install the new sensor and nuts (a little never seize is good too), and definitely do replace the gasket that should come with the sensor also. Scott

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The nuts are M8x1.25 thread pitch, either a 12mm or 13mm hex depending on where you get them, I usually remove the old sensor, run a thread die over the studs to clean off what is left of the old nuts and install the new sensor and nuts (a little never seize is good too), and definitely do replace the gasket that should come with the sensor also. Scott
Thanks Scott,

went to home depot and got a few hex nuts at that size they fit and went on good, it was a little tough on one side but all in all I hope I dont have to do anymore sensors anytime soon :D Im getting Grabber At2's on friday so it was a good week for spending cash lol

·
Premium Member
782 Posts
I promise, I'm not trying to be an a$$. But you're gonna have to do it again, or live with the check engine light if you put the Bosch sensor on it. I hope that I'm wrong.

·
7,925 Posts
DO NOT BUY BOSCH!!!!!!

GO WITH DENSO!!!!!!!!

X 10,000 Bosch does not play well with Toyota.l You will have a CEL within a few hundred miles.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts