Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

This is my first post, so nice to meet ya!

I've been drooling over the TRD Dual Exhaust, but was really hoping Banks would be introducing a Monster Exhaust System to the market soon.

To my disappointment, a phone call to them today revealed nothing is even in the works yet........ :(

I just want to get a little throatier growl and I've heard the TRD isn't that much louder.

A Flowmaster or the like would be a nice option, but I kinda wanted to get something a little more specifically designed for the truck and not just a "generic" system.

Hmmmm.........

JOHN

·
Registered
251 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow......I did not know about that one. It looks amazing.....but the price is outta control.

It shouldn't be MORE than the "Official" Toyota Part.....lol

JOHN

·
Registered
251 Posts
That is why i put a Magnaflo on mine............. Very nice sound ,,, A bit of a droan about 1500-1800rpm,,, But not terrible :cool:

·
Registered
202 Posts
Have you even heard the TRD exhaust? Find a dealer that has one installed and go listen. I have the TRD exhaust and think it sounds great. No it's not loud but it does give the truck a nice growl when you step on the gas. And the good thing is you can't hear it when you are just cruising at 70mph. Nothing worse than listening to a constant exhaust drone on a long interstate ride.

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Re: Banks Power...(possibilities)

If you really want a Banks Monster catback you can do it. Get the one for 2004-2006($375-450), get a 2-into-1 merge collector(y-pipe) like magnaflow or flowmaster($30-50) in 2.5 to 3" and have a muffler shop do the adjustments(about $100). That's what I'm doing as soon as I get my truck back from SOS but I'm having mine exit out the back. Another option is using the Banks system for the Titan($500-550); That system comes with a 3" stainless y-pipe already. I didn't go that way because I think It's too big on the upstream side.
BTW-SOS has a dual custom exhaust available and sub boxes too for onsite installation. Don't know if they're shipping yet.
Rumbler

1 - 6 of 6 Posts