Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Planning a trip to run the Barney Riley trail in June. Either 11-12 or 12-13. If you are interested, post up to get a roll call going.

·
Just a Herbicidal maniac.
2,172 Posts
Hey Mike, put me down as a 'maybe'. We're leaving on the 17th for a four night camping trip with the trailer up to the Lava Beds National Monument near the boarder of Oregon and California.

·
Premium Member
6,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Mike, put me down as a 'maybe'. We're leaving on the 17th for a four night camping trip with the trailer up to the Lava Beds National Monument near the boarder of Oregon and California.
Sounds good. I sent you, Chris and Dan an email.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Put me down as a 'maybe/yes'. It's my brothers B-day on the 10th, but other than that I'm free(now I really need to get that ARB in!). I'll put the date down in the books at work!

-Derek

·
2,172 Posts
Put me down as a 'maybe/yes'. It's my brothers B-day on the 10th, but other than that I'm free(now I really need to get that ARB in!). I'll put the date down in the books at work!

-Derek
WHOA!!! We might be able to hook up with Derek after all this time?!? :D

·
Premium Member
6,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've extended this invite to folks on expeditionportal.com and SN4WD.com

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
Where is that trail?
AHHHHHH, never mind, says you need 4wd.

·
Premium Member
6,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Where is that trail?
It's near a town called Markleeville just south of South Lake Tahoe. 4WD is definitely recommended. There still may be snow drifts on the trail when we go....

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Where is that trail?
Hey, don't worry about it!!:D LOL, just kiddin man.:crazy3d: That would be cool if you could go!

There still may be snow drifts on the trail when we go....
I'm sure there will be, Kirkwood got almost 2ft yestarday, and 600" so far this season, and we're all going in a month and a half:shocked3d:!! Its going to be fun!

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
Maaaaaaaaaaaaannnnn, if that guy with the LSD would call or email me back I'd be down to go, I don't care if I got stuck here and there, I'd get out somehow. I hate having an open diff now!

·
2,172 Posts
Maaaaaaaaaaaaannnnn, if that guy with the LSD would call or email me back I'd be down to go, I don't care if I got stuck here and there, I'd get out somehow. I hate having an open diff now!
Well if that works out somehow, here is what awaits at the end of the trail:

Natural hot spring feeding a "custom" built hot tub perched on the rivers edge that can hold about 12 people:

Close up of the hot tub. It is draining in this picture:

Oh, and there is usually a nice hot breakfast the next day with with all the trimmings! YummmmYumm! Nothing like roughing it! :D

·
Premium Member
6,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Does that mean you are going to provide the breakfast?!?!?! :D

Well if that works out somehow, here is what awaits at the end of the trail:

Natural hot spring feeding a "custom" built hot tub perched on the rivers edge that can hold about 12 people:

Close up of the hot tub. It is draining in this picture:

Oh, and there is usually a nice hot breakfast the next day with with all the trimmings! YummmmYumm! Nothing like roughing it! :D

·
2,172 Posts
If I can swing, I will bring it! :D

·
2,172 Posts
If you do go, interested in going up friday?
I would love too, BUT...my contracting position at work is about to change to a different project with super high visibility and tight deadlines, plus if I don't work, I don't get paid, i.e., no paid time off as an I.T contractor. :( Also I need to take a couple of days off for the following weekends trip to Lava Beds National Monument. I'm not sure if that will fly yet either. :beatsme:

·
Premium Member
6,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I would love too, BUT...my contracting position at work is about to change to a different project with super high visibility and tight deadlines, plus if I don't work, I don't get paid, i.e., no paid time off as an I.T contractor. :( Also I need to take a couple of days off for the following weekends trip to Lava Beds National Monument. I'm not sure if that will fly yet either. :beatsme:
I hear ya.....If things come down to the last minute, let me know. You have my number. Just give me a call. I might head up friday afternoon and camp at a spot near the start of the trail.

As far as work, I was recently "re-orged" hear at Wells Fargo but, in a good way. My previous boss was a heavy practitioner of micro-managing and everyone in our Project Management team hated it. Things that were promised to me never happened. So, after my review in March I had planned on leaving the group. Instead, I got news I'm in a new department. WOOHOO!!!!!! Plus my boss is in Minnesota and I don't have to relocate to San Francisco. I get to stay in my same desk and pretty much do what I was doing before the re-org.

·
Premium Member
6,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So far there's about 9 members from ExpeditionPortal.com showing interest.

From here that are definite:
- Myself (+1, my daughter)

Interested:
- Herbicidal
- Derek24
- tundrunk

My cousin in his Jeep Cherokee is planning on going as well.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts