Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
I got an Optima Red top about 2 years ago and am quite glad that I did. The OEM battery was showing signs of corrosion on both terminals and was actually eating away at the top support clamp/bracket/brace. They are a bit more expensive, but they are maintenance free, sealed and will not corrode like the OEM battery did. I've had no issues at all since I made the switch.

·
Registered
917 Posts
I got an Optima Red top about 2 years ago and am quite glad that I did. The OEM battery was showing signs of corrosion on both terminals and was actually eating away at the top support clamp/bracket/brace. They are a bit more expensive, but they are maintenance free, sealed and will not corrode like the OEM battery did. I've had no issues at all since I made the switch.
Optima....... :wallbang: High price + low quality. Match made in heaven. Thundra04struck has the right idea.
EverStart at AutoZone

Die Hard-Sears

EverMaxx at Wal Mart

Interstate-anywhere

·
Registered
13 Posts
Get the evermax at Walmart I think it is a 24F. Make sure the terminals are the same + to - left to right front to back and the CCA is at least 700. They list a car battery which is way to small in the book.

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Got mine at Costco. They only had the smaller size. Tried the optional/larger one from Sam's Club (that's the one I wanted) but it was too long for the battery tray in my '06. Sounds like it fits in other Tundra though...

·
Registered
63 Posts
I went with the Optima, yes it is expensive but now I don't worry about corrosion anymore even under the battery tray. And it does have one of the highest CCA output, that feels good when it's 10 degrees out and the engine kicks over with a roar not a struggle. I searched the internet for the lowest price, amazon was the winner.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts