Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2005 Tundra DC Limited. Battery light came on recently. I have had no problems starting or running truck. Ran my own tests last night and then took to local AutoZone to have them load test it, etc. Battery and alternator output tested in normal limits. I checked fuses (or at least the ones I found) and nothing.

This completes all the tests in the Haynes Manual too.

Thoughts?

thanks.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will do these things, but I think I may have inadvertantly identified the problem. Last night, I drove it at highway speed, and the voltage needle began to bounce up and down. Stopped at an auto parts store and tested it again with me revving up the truck to 2,000 RPM. ALT output was almost 17 volts. Time for new ALT/regulator, I would think?

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just an update on the status. My meter has not shown 16-17v of output since that one time. I have had no fluctuation of the needle on the dash meter. However, my battery light is still on.

I have had the battery fully tested, and it is fine. Almost brand new, in fact. Checked the output at the alternator B+ post (only one I could get to without taking skid plate off, and it tests within the proper limits.

I now believe there is a loose/corroded connection somewhere. I am going to start at the battery terminals and work backwards I guess. My Haynes manual wiring diagram is confusing, but I will just have to figure it out, jack the truck up, and just start tracing.

Will report back. Thanks for all the suggestions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts