Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Toyota Tundra V6. My dad accidentally wired the positive cable to the negative battery terminal and the negative cable to the positive battery terminal! Some fuses were blown and I replaced those. However, my headlights, blinkers, radio, air conditioner, and the alternator still won't function. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Update:
I found the 120A fuse was also blown. It was a hassle to remove it as it required taking the fuse compartment apart. However, once the new 120A fuse was installed, everything returned to normal. There is no longer any issue.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Make sure that you checked all of the fuses. There is a set or two under the hood on the driver's side. I think that there also might be some under the dash on the driver's side.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 2006 Toyota Tundra V6. My dad accidentally wired the positive cable to the negative battery terminal and the negative cable to the positive battery terminal! Some fuses were blown and I replaced those. However, my headlights, blinkers, radio, air conditioner, and the alternator still won't function. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Update:
I found the 120A fuse was also blown. It was a hassle to remove it as it required taking the fuse compartment apart. However, once the new 120A fuse was installed, everything returned to normal. There is no longer any issue.
Congratulation!!...To replace that 120A fuse wasn't fun I bet. Yeah your dad was lucky didn't fry the ECU!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am in the same boat you are! I'm currently trying to get the alternator fuse (120A) replaced. How did you get both pins out. I know about the bolt under the big black relay to its right but how did you get the fuze panel out of its box/shroud/holder. I looked in my chiltons and theres nothing. Could you shoot me a couple pictures? I would greatly appreciate it.

Danny

1 - 4 of 4 Posts