Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is required of you to top a car battery after about 2-3 years of continuous usage in a car with a good alternator and being noticing the output voltage or capacity is draining out? Do i top with distilled water or diluted sulphuric acid?

·
Registered
10,877 Posts
I've been topping off my lead acid batteries ever since I started driving.
Threat you battery right and it will take care of you as best it can.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've been topping off my lead acid batteries ever since I started driving.
Threat you battery right and it will take care of you as best it can.
Good, but topping with what? Distilled water or diluted acid. And is your battery the sealed type?

·
Registered
10,877 Posts
Green Light Product Automotive tire Auto part

Old fashioned lead acid battery from Costco ~ it's an Interstate 24F.

The caps come right off and the battery is easily serviced with distilled water.
Since the caps fit pretty tightly there's not a lot of water leaving the battery.
I may have to add a splash every 5-6 months or so . . .

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
View attachment 155733

Old fashioned lead acid battery from Costco ~ it's an Interstate 24F.

The caps come right off and the battery is easily serviced with distilled water.
Since the caps fit pretty tightly there's not a lot of water leaving the battery.
I may have to add a splash every 5-6 months or so . . .
Love you!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Curious.....Two photos of batteries above; one a Group 23 and one a Group 24F. My '04 (V-6. 5 speed) has always used a Group 35! All three have the same + and - post positions and appear to have about the same overall dimensions. Are they really interchangeable??
Ralph

·
Registered
10,877 Posts
Curious.....Two photos of batteries above; one a Group 23 and one a Group 24F. My '04 (V-6. 5 speed) has always used a Group 35! All three have the same + and - post positions and appear to have about the same overall dimensions. Are they really interchangeable??
Ralph
Green Light Product Automotive tire Electronic device

Fitment Code - 23
Group Size - 24F

My rig came with the cold weather package which included the larger Group 27F battery.
I found it difficult finding the 27F when I needed a replacement ~ almost everyone carries the 24F.

All sorts of batteries can be used in these vehicles. Toyota calls out for either the Group 24F or the larger Group 27F.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts