Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a 6" Bazooka under the back seat of their DC? The measurements seem tight and just seeing if anyone has stuffed one in there.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Won't fit, even if it did the 6" tube won't really give you decent bass. Search for a thread I did, something like "another sub option for doublecab". I got a low profile JL Audio 8" in a box that fits perfectly under the rear seat and puts out good low bass, but not ear ripping loud.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I was trying to stay with a powered sub, but maybe I'll check out the sub/amp combo. Only looking to fill in some of the low notes and not go too crazy.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Yep, me too. My days of booming bass are long over! I'm a drummer though, so I like to hear that bass guitar and floor toms and bass drum. The JL sub hits a lot deeper than you'd expect, but you can adjust the bass on the radio and the amp. My bass is turned all the way down on the radio and sometimes its still too loud for me. I need to get on the amp and make some adjustments too.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have the new slims in my truck.

But personally, from an audio background, don't get that. Its really not that big a difference and it is quite large for its size.

I would suggest a sub/amp setup and place under the seats in a custom box. That you can do yourself in one weekend.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts