Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new to this forum and I like to mod just like the rest of you.

Well I've been wanting to raise my truck and also get some new rims, I won't raise my truck now because I don't want the possibility of losing any mpg especially while towing a 29' travel trailer but I so do much wanna change the rims with are stock with this DC "18x8".
I'm afraid of purchasing the wrong offset rims and damaging my bearings or even worse cause an accident.

I see all different size offset rims being used here so....(1) what would be considered too radical of an offset to have for our trucks ? Being that I will be towing that trailer that weighs about 6,000 lbs , not sure of the weight it puts on the back end, (2) but would the same set of offset rules apply to me or do I have more restrictions ? can't find any rims +60mm offset , I think the closest I've seen were +50 but not a great selection, see many 30+, 35+ though.
Any and all help will be appreciated...show me why I signed up here, J/K, lol.
Sorry I'm long winded here having only two questions ^ and all, thanks in advance

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
**Bump**
Greetings,
Figured I'd bump this little thread after waiting 2 weeks so far, for a response:beatsme:.
Maybe ppl think this is a stupid question and thats why it's going unanswered or maybe, just maybe everyone is just too busy with their mods!!!

What I may do is reluctantly join another tundra forum and post my question there, and if answered ,lol, and because of the standup feller I am, I would bring the answer back home to you all.
Thanks for your time and to the hundred and sixty something ppl that read my question and did not have the ans, Joker thanks you too for your time.
Just want to travel safely with my six dogs and the misses.
One Love!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts