Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
That's a beautiful truck popo2239!

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
Looks good! I wonder how a grille with a colormatched center and chrome surround would look like...that body color goes really well with chrome.

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
^^^ Thanks. I've considered that too, but I think instead I'm gonna have someone color-match the grill surround, and keep the "T" logo chromed. (have to paint it since I can't find one pre-done with Pyrite).

I want the black of the bottom bumper-valance to have a partner, otherwise it's out of place IMO... so, I'll leave the grill-center black (looks good when its Armorall'd).

Plus, I'll be doing the BHLM soon as well, which I think will help out...

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
Which wax did you use?

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Turtle Wax Emerald Coat. It's an old bottle I've had for like 7 years or so...finally finished it, so I'll have to look for a new 1 this year.

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
^^^ Thanks. I've considered that too, but I think instead I'm gonna have someone color-match the grill surround, and keep the "T" logo chromed. (have to paint it since I can't find one pre-done with Pyrite).

I want the black of the bottom bumper-valance to have a partner, otherwise it's out of place IMO... so, I'll leave the grill-center black (looks good when its Armorall'd).

Plus, I'll be doing the BHLM soon as well, which I think will help out...
I almost think it would look better with the black stuff Pyrite? Like Marky Mark painted the center portion silver? Silver goes as well with chrome as Pyrite does.

I think the black on Pyrite is very stark unless you're going to do black wheels and remove all the chrome. In that case, ignore what I've said :p

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
^^^ Yeah, I think I'll try paint on the grill-surround first... I did that on my Silver '07, and I was really happy with it. After that, I'll consider doing the rest if I think it needs more.

·
Registered
3,696 Posts
81 in Detroit in April. Damn I need to move.

Looks nice when it's clean. I really need to wash and wax mine. Want to come do it for me? Just kidding.

What's up with the emblem on the tailgate? Is that part of the package?

·
Registered
7,461 Posts

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No, I did those myself. I like having the "T" logo there.... same spot as the Ford Oval, Chevy BowTie, and Dodge Ram. To me, something should be there, and that seemed like a good fit (found on ebay). I removed the "Toyota" word-emblem from right above the "Tundra" word...seemed too cluttered. Also removed the stock "4x4" and "FlexFuel" emblems... and added the red "4wd" --- I like it!

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
No, I did those myself. I like having the "T" logo there.... same spot as the Ford Oval, Chevy BowTie, and Dodge Ram. To me, something should be there, and that seemed like a good fit (found on ebay). I removed the "Toyota" word-emblem from right above the "Tundra" word...seemed too cluttered. Also removed the stock "4x4" and "FlexFuel" emblems... and added the red "4wd" --- I like it!
It might look better if it didn't look like it was just slapped on there like a "tramp stamp"....

:angrywife::angrywife::angrywife:

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
If you have some miles on it, you're good to wax 'er.

I used the NXT Wax by Meguiars and I haven't seen my paint that purdy in a LONG time.

I used it on our red TT and our green metallic Sport Trac (I dunno exact color) but it brought out the metallic so well, it looked the best of all 3 cars I used it on.

-rockstate

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Might i add a few pics?...haha Id hate for no one to see my hard work. :D

I always use the nu finish once a year car polish when ever i wax my truck, which is always more than once a year. Haha. But the wax seems to last for ever, i love the stuff, same with there scratch remover, I've had great luck with it!

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
^^^ Looks good RR-TRD - I'm good with sharing the spotlight!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts