Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for input on retractable bed covers. I'm leaning towards the metal roll aways. Anyone have recent experience with them? Pro's/cons?

Thanks in advance!

·
Resident Curmudgeon
5,211 Posts
Retrax has served me well to this point. There are other pix in my gallery.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I just installed the Peragon aluminum cover last weekend. I like the way it looks and so far I am very happy with it.

Beautiful...the panels look too big to be a roll-away. Do they accordian together or actually roll around a spindle of some kind? And how small does the unit get when its rolled / folded? Can you stand on it? Think it will prevent a quick screwdriver type thief from prying it away? And of course, what did you shell out for it? It sure looks nice. :tu:

Just hit their web site. I'm IMPRESSED. All aluminium, lockable without messing with the tailgate. Its now on my list. Thanks man.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I have had the Retrax on my stepside for 5 years. It was easy to install with two clamps and some stick on gaskets on the gate.
It locks and is water tight. I like the black and that it rolls up in a box (11X11) behind the cab. It still looks like new (I use the truck for handyman work). It has a nice look and is made from the plastic used on fighter jet cockpit covers! I would buy one again for a new truck! Hope that isn't for another 5 years

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
i installed a TruckCoverUSA retractable a few months back. it is awesome! the box in the bed that it rolls up in is only 9" x 9", aluminum construction, powder coated paint, keyed lock. as there are lots of quality retractible tonneau covers available, i looked and studied alot of them and imho i couldn't find another retractable tonneau that was built to the standards of this one. easy one person install too. they even make one with a built in tool box if you need that option.

if you were to take a look over in the Technical Assistance Forums under the Truck Bed Tonneau Covers section you will find lots of info and product reviews on different tonneau covers. good hunting!

·
Registered
14 Posts
They fold up accordion style and take up about a foot at the front of the bed, but the bottom of the bed is still clear.

The fit against the tailgate is perfect:

·
Registered
187 Posts
Our shop sells the Roll-N-Lock covers and have nothing but great feedback from all of our customers. Its been rated higher than the Pace Edwards covers from a lot of our customers that have tried both. Pricey, yes. But very durable, great customer service, lots of features, and easy maintenance. I am fighting the urge to bite the bullet and order one for my 04 Tundra AC. Check them out at Roll-N-Lock retractable aluminum truck bed cover

1 - 9 of 9 Posts