Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm up late editing some photos for work, and I thought this would be a neat thing to share.

I'm doing some testing on a product called the "Z-Bench"; it's a combination folding aluminum bench (which doubles as a step similar to the cool one that Herbicidal posted earlier :)), bed extender, and cargo box. It's a real quality product. I snapped this photo during a photoshoot for that Honda Rincon last week (so it's not me in the photo lol), but I don't have photos of the other functions yet. When I take the time to clean it and shoot it, I'll post more. But this thing is pretty sweet. It folds up flat agains the inside of the tailgate and is only 2-3 inches wide when stacked. The grey folding gates you see just inside the bed are prototype extender brackets; the guys at Z-Bench are finishing up a nice set of stainless and aluminum ones to try out. Everyone knows how a bed extender works I'm assuming, so I'll skip that part. The cargo box function works by closing the tailgate and then opening up the bench. It unfolds into a box that is about 2.5 feet deep, and is the height and width of the bed box. I've already put 2 window air units, gear bags, moving boxes, and rubbermaid containers under it and they don't budge. Pretty neat. Let me know what you guys think!

Oh, and their web page is ZBench Z Bench Z-Bench tailgate step truck step cargo orgnizer.

-Cody

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
So I'm up late editing some photos for work, and I thought this would be a neat thing to share.

I'm doing some testing on a product called the "Z-Bench"; it's a combination folding aluminum bench (which doubles as a step similar to the cool one that Herbicidal posted earlier :)), bed extender, and cargo box. It's a real quality product. I snapped this photo during a photoshoot for that Honda Rincon last week (so it's not me in the photo lol), but I don't have photos of the other functions yet. When I take the time to clean it and shoot it, I'll post more. But this thing is pretty sweet. It folds up flat agains the inside of the tailgate and is only 2-3 inches wide when stacked. The grey folding gates you see just inside the bed are prototype extender brackets; the guys at Z-Bench are finishing up a nice set of stainless and aluminum ones to try out. Everyone knows how a bed extender works I'm assuming, so I'll skip that part. The cargo box function works by closing the tailgate and then opening up the bench. It unfolds into a box that is about 2.5 feet deep, and is the height and width of the bed box. I've already put 2 window air units, gear bags, moving boxes, and rubbermaid containers under it and they don't budge. Pretty neat. Let me know what you guys think!

Oh, and their web page is ZBench Z Bench Z-Bench tailgate step truck step cargo orgnizer.

-Cody

That is cool product, been looking for something like this. Need some photos showing how it works in other functions .. ie bed extender, cargo box and etc.

I would buy one if the price was right. What is the price on a unit to fit a narrow tailgate like a 2009 Tacoma ?

Thanks for the heads up on this product.

SOS

·
Premium Member
1,564 Posts
neat idea if you don't have an extender already but since my Tundra DC is stock height with extender, sitting on the tailgate does the same thing so no real need for it. an addition to this bench might be My tailgate mod which allows for removal of a piece of carpet to set down on the ground to prevent your feet or socks from getting muddy or dirty while you change shoes!!

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SOS- I'll work on getting those photos for ya. Used it again today- bought a sandwich and sat at the bench backwards, used the tailgate for a table lol! if any of you load dirtbikes into your truck by yourself, you know how freakin dangerous using the dirtbike stand for a step can be. tried it out with the bench, and you can jump on it and it doesn't budge. makes loading bikes easier too. the only complaint i have so far is that out of instinct i unbutton the bench and swing it down out of the way before i load things because I don't want to scratch or dent it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Cody, I t looks like that bench could be pretty useful, especially for those who work out of their trucks! i noticed all the upgrades you've made to your truck. Could I ask which ones gave the most bang for the buck? and which ones were less effective? Joe

·
Registered
690 Posts
I am impressed. It takes a lot to make me say "wow", but this comes close; I am seriously going to look into this.:tu:

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cody, I t looks like that bench could be pretty useful, especially for those who work out of their trucks! i noticed all the upgrades you've made to your truck. Could I ask which ones gave the most bang for the buck? and which ones were less effective? Joe

Joe-
I've found it useful for hauling all sorts of stuff; I even used it as a step washing my truck the other day. As far as the mods go, I'd say it's the combination of all of them that make it. I love the extra power from the headers, exhaust, chip, and intake, but I've sortof fine-tuned all the mods... I've redone the exhaust 3 times on this truck and finally have it to where it runs well and sounds good, and the intake is modified as well with a different filter and some heat shields to make it a true CAI like the stock one, it just flows more air. Next on my list are upgraded brakes and paint. I hate to say but mine's starting to go....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts