Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to install a Bed Extender and read through all the online posts and still a little confused which ones works with my 1st Gen 2001 Tundra.
1) AMP Research brand says 74811 Bed Extender with 74605 Mounting Brackets.
2) I've also seen OEM Toyota different kinds PT392-34000 (with PT329-34070-BR bracket) or PT392-34100 (with PT329-34101 mount).

Which kind is the U (not V) shape bed extender?
Which kind is the drill-less mounts? I think the AMP I have to drill but not Toyota OEM.
Also, are the bed extenders and mounting brackets interchangeable? For example, can I buy Toyota drill-less mounts to use with AMP bed extender?
Can I buy any brand bed extender?

Again, I am asking for 1st Gen Tundra, I've seen a lot of posts for future Gen Tundras.
Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have been extremely happy with my ReadyRamp. Highly recommend it. You can get silver or black, large or small, and they are on their updated version2 now. It double as a (motorcycle) loading ramp. I have the small one from my 2001 Tacoma thats fits great but the large one also fits according to when I called them and asked. It would fill the outside corners of the tailgate better edge to edge. But the small one works great. Very sturdy, comes with different adapters to use on different trucks. Stores flat and tidy. Hands down would buy again, love the dual purpose features.

I do not work for them

1 - 2 of 2 Posts