Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I have a 2010 CrewMax RockWarrior and have noticed that my bed is uneven by about 1".

The driver side is lower by 1" than the passenger side???? I checked the tire pressure and both rear tires are the same..

Any idea what could be causing this? Thank you in advance for your replies.

Edmund

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Interesting, I'll have to give it a peek on mine. Is this just an eyeball measurement? Go use a measuring tape from the ground to the top of the bed and then measure from the ground to the frame. If the frame is level with the ground and the bed isn't then take a look at the bolts holding the bed down. Maybe someone removed the bed and scr*wed up something when the put it back. How are your shocks / springs? Are they loose, broken, dangling? Do you have the same size tires on both sides? What about the front of the truck? Is it also crooked? Use the tape to find out, not your eyeball. Maybe the problem is the front left tire/shock/strut/something causing the entire truck to "lean" to that wheel. And I don't think its supposed to be lower or higher.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
This has been discussed in the past but I wouldn't know what to search to find it. Hopefully someone with past experience will help you out. In the mean time I will search around.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks BigMoney, I actually did use a measuring tape and its off by 1". The front of the truck is even on both sides.

I also inspected under the bed and didn't see anything loose. The truck is less than a year old, so the tires are original and the bed was never removed.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
The best answer in those threads is its built that way to compensate for road crown. That makes sense and its one of those little things the Toyota engineers would think of.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
almost any vehicle will be that way.

but the thing that will bug you is to stand at the cab/bed seam, and look down the panels towards the ground. the bed is narrower than the cab. :) just thought i'd point that out. it bugged me the first few times i noticed it too haha. :p

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There are some good answers in there, like the road crown and gas tank being full.

Thanks guys, I really appreciate your time..

Edmund

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
There are some good answers in there, like the road crown and gas tank being full. Thanks guys, I really appreciate your time..

Edmund
Wait till you get our consulting bill. You did know this is a pay site, right?

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Sounds like the answers I was gonna spit out have already been said.

I talked to a tech at ARB yesterday and he said that no cars are really perfectly level from the factory anyway.

Also, if you change anything in the length of the coils, it does things almost double.

-rockstate

1 - 11 of 11 Posts