Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I might be giving away this idea... if it works. But I'm looking at painting my tundra for the second time and wanted to know if it’s possible to put bed liner flames on the hood. I would think that it might come off, but I know little about the adhesive properties of bed liner. Any input would be awesome... I just would rather ask a potentially stupid question like that here, instead of at the shop.

·
Registered
564 Posts
I'd think w/proper prep it'd be just as good, if not better than quality paint. Not sure if it'd look good or not though given the spray on bed liners are much thicker than paint and you really can't mix colors like paint for the true flame look. It'd look like you put flames on with a very thick, textured, monotone paint.

When i first read the title it reminded me of the time my buddy almost burned his new house down when he threw a towel in the back of his tundra that was soaked w/hot oil from a grill he was cleaning. It wouldn't have been a big deal but he forgot he had the plastic drop-in bed liner that had a thin layer of mulch from earlier yard work. He was woken up by his smoke detector going off in his garage since the fire was smoldering most of the night and burned about a 3' diameter hole through the bedliner. Thankfully the garage doors were closed and kept it from igniting because if it had, his garage and house probably would've went up. Not much damage to the paint underneigh.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts