Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which one is better looking bedliner or sprayliner? Can't decide what to put at my truck...

·
Registered
500 Posts
I just had a Line-X sprayed into my '07 5.7L DC today. Looks amazing!. Very impressed by the quality of the job. My last two trucks, '97 B4000 4x4 and my '02 Tundra AC 4x4, had drop ins. They work great, but I spend lots of time off road and the liner rubbed the paint off in no time at all. Especially on the Tundra. No rust, but it was always in the back of my mind.

·
Banned
888 Posts
:eek: Shoulda went with the RHINO* that Linesucks will fade to a dingy gray in about 2 years or so :td: .
We had it in our 03 Dodge,Rhino is the only one I know of that holds its color and doesnt fade out.
Rhino cost abit more,but it should I guess its a better product.

·
Jedi Ninja in Training
8,309 Posts
:eek: Shoulda went with the RHINO* that Linesucks will fade to a dingy gray in about 2 years or so :td: .
We had it in our 03 Dodge,Rhino is the only one I know of that holds its color and doesnt fade out.
I have to disagree, I have had Linex on my 1990 since 1992. Has not faded one bit, plus it has a lifetime warantee.

·
Registered
528 Posts
How much is everyone paying to get Line-X?

·
Registered
2 Posts
i paid $500 for a knock off brand spray in liner. they did the bed and under carriage as well. i have had it for 2yr with no problems and no fading.

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
Yea....right...

·
Jedi Ninja in Training
8,309 Posts
Well, there you have it:td:

·
Registered
46 Posts
I purchased my 2007 tundra on February 19th, and I got the sprayliner called Full metal jacket, and it looks really nice. I payed $399 up to the rail, it was done on March 2nd.

·
Registered
389 Posts
How much is everyone paying to get Line-X?
I paid $440 in Denver which included tax. And it looks awesome. One thing though, the screws they take outta the bed are soft and overtorquing will strip them, happened to one of mine so make sure they use the right amount of torque. Rhino is typically cheaper, it's not pressure or heat installed and does not carry as good a warranty in that it's not nation/dealer wide. Look for the previous thread comparing the two, Line-X won out...

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
Full Metal Jacket is 100% polyurea (Rhino is 100% polyurethane and LINE-X is a blend of polyurea and polyurethane). FMJ (and LINE-X) is applied using heat/high pressure which makes it look better than the cold/low pressure brands.

Rhino should be less expensive (all other things equal) because 100% polyurethane is a less expensive product.

Benefits of polyurethane: Better adhesion than polyurea, more than double the abrasion resistance of polyurea.

Benefits of polyurea: Increased tear strength and temp tolerance, dries in about 4 seconds (thus follows the bed's contours much nicer), more dense bedliner (by keeping water out of the resin prior to its application).

·
Registered
46 Posts
Full Metal Jacket is 100% polyurea (Rhino is 100% polyurethane and LINE-X is a blend of polyurea and polyurethane). FMJ (and LINE-X) is applied using heat/high pressure which makes it look better than the cold/low pressure brands.

Rhino should be less expensive (all other things equal) because 100% polyurethane is a less expensive product.

Benefits of polyurethane: Better adhesion than polyurea, more than double the abrasion resistance of polyurea.

Benefits of polyurea: Increased tear strength and temp tolerance, dries in about 4 seconds (thus follows the bed's contours much nicer), more dense bedliner (by keeping water out of the resin prior to its application).
Thanks for the info, something I didn't know :)

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
No problemo. ;)

Now, there's more to spray-on bediners than just their base components (polyurea, polyurethane). Think of it like tires, they are all made of rubber, but their physical attributes can differ significantly.

Take for example, Full Metal Jacket (100% polyurea) and Paxcon (100% polyurea). They have significantly different physical properties. See Paxcon.com

·
Registered
145 Posts
I went with the drop-in as usual. For one thing, they are cheaper and don't chip, peel or fade. There is one other thing- actually using them as a truck!

I use mine as a truck daily. I think a good portion of the folks here haul nothing but themselves and maybe a cooler of beer. :D:D

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
All products have their pros and cons.

Drop-in pros:
1. Inexpensive
2. Removable

Drop-in cons:
1. Rattle/vibrate
2. Warp
3. Can't be repaired
4. No warranty (some do have a warranty)
5. Trap water and debris
6. Rub the paint off the truck and can cause rust
7. Take up extra space in the bed
8. Generate static electricity
9. Does not conform to all contours
10. Can fly out of the truck bed (See Durakon's recall)

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have had a Line-x over the rail bedliner in my dakota since new in 2002. I have hauled a little bit of everything including landscape rock, concrete waste and dirt. I have not scared it or tore it up in anyway when shoveling out the above. The bed is usually covered with the tonneau cover, so most of the line-x is protected from the sun. I can see no noticeable fading between the exposed and unexposed areas of the liner. I would not hesitate using Line-x again on my next truck!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts