Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i haven't seen any pictures of the bed rug in any truck so here are a few of it in my crewmax

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Thanks. It looks nice. Did the deck rails give you any problems?

My bedrug just arrived this afternoon via FedEx but I can't install it yet because I found I was missing one part...

.... the truck :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

It looks comfortable enough to lie down in and take a nap as long as you're no taller than 5 foot 5 inches and keep your arms at your sides.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I don't know much about bedrugs. What is the point of getting one over a plastic/sprayed-in bedliner? Can it be cleaned easily (i.e. after hauling dirt, green waste, etc)? I guess if someone was going to be hauling alot of furniture, it would be a good idea to protect the furniture.

·
Registered
151 Posts
very nice, I love the look of it, sooooo clean and neat:tu:
I have mine coming soon. did you DIY? if so, how long to install? easy? hard? did you cut the holes for the cargo hooks yourself? also Same Q as statcoder, how about the deck rail?

Sorry for all the questions, just wanna get it done right the 1st time.

Thank you very much in advance.:ts:

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well they offer the bed rug as an option so it fit with the deck rail system just fine. I hauled my Line 6 HD 147 cab in it so far and thats it. I love the bed rug because it didn't scratch my guitar cab one bit and during my lunch break yesterday i laid down in the bed and took a short nap (Construction). It took me about 35 - 45 min to put it in. Its pretty easy as it nstallswith several velcro strips throughout the bed. I like it because it looks neater and stuff does not slide as much as it does on the cheap plastic liners. Hope these pitures helped ;)

·
Banned
8,335 Posts
I don't know much about bedrugs. What is the point of getting one over a plastic/sprayed-in bedliner? Can it be cleaned easily (i.e. after hauling dirt, green waste, etc)? I guess if someone was going to be hauling alot of furniture, it would be a good idea to protect the furniture.

Strayed in liners are nice but the surface area tear's up your feet. I would use the Bedrug anyday over the Sprayed liner it makes a lot of since:sleep: ..

·
Registered
42 Posts
Do you plan to put a tonneau cover over it?

When the bedrug gets wet, does it dry quickly

Does it clean out easy, if something spills say dirt?

Thanks
Mark

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
Believe it or not, I do sell stuff other than LINE-X. :eek:

Bedrug is a good product. It's basically outdoor carpeting in your truck. The closed-cell knap does not absorb water. The rug itself does hold water a bit after a rain but it's really no big deal. The rug does wash out well when dirty except for leaves/twigs, they tend to get caught up in the knap. Durability wise, it's pretty good. It's not fit for heavy duty work because the knap will tear. Some folks report that it tends to sag a bit after a while. Bedrug is popular in some areas and not others (like the South). Overall, it's a good buy.

·
Registered
202 Posts
It depends on what you use your truck for. If you plan on hauling any rocks, dirt, mulch, etc., then i think the bedrug would be a poor choice. I'm a hunter and occasionally throw a bloodly deer in the back. I like something i can hose down easily.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I ordered one because it's not that expensive and you can install it yourself. Later on, if I change my mind I can go ahead and get a sprayed-in liner. I also plan to get a SoftTopper and put my dogs in there for trips.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Whats the price on the bedrug? Will it stay installed at highway speeds? I have seen several of the plastic liners laying along the roadsides. They apparently blew out of the bed.

·
Registered
107 Posts
The bedrug uses heavy duty velcro strips. A lot of them! It won't be going anywhere. The edges of my bedrug fit under the bedrail covers too. That keeps high velocity wind from getting between the rug and the bed.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes i plan on putting a bakflip cover over it. Its very easy to clean and believe it or not dries incredibly fast. It was absolutley pouring here today and it was dry within 25 min.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts