Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there. It's been a while since I was last here. Been enjoying my 05 Access Cab but finally decided to get a double cab, need the extra seating space. My dealer gave me an absolutely outstanding deal, so I couldn't say no. So what I'm getting is the 6spd manual, double cab, short box (only box avail. in Canada) Speedway Blue, SR5 TRD. I was able to negotiate a bunch of options into the bargain, one of which is the TRD exhaust. Question is, is it a single or dual? Do you need to do any ECU updates or does it change the mapping on it's own? Next, I've been looking at the TRD cold air intake system, it certainly looks awesome. Does it give a nice increase in performace when combined with the exhaust? Also, is it still ok to use that system in the cold Canadian winters? Lastly, I'm going to get another soft tonneau. At present I have the Full Tilt Extang and I love it. Not sure if I should bother with that style as the box will be shorter. Only drawback of the full tilt is it renders your bed rail system useless. How does the Access cover look and perform? What is good online dealer to pick up stuff like that from?

I did search some of these questions here but didn't quite find what I was looking for. Thanks for your time and opinions!

Marcel
Toronto Canada

·
Registered
459 Posts
Congrats. All 6-spd D-cabs are short boxes...US too. Nothing a bed extender can't fix. TRD Exhaust is a single pipe. Looks nice, sounds nice, doesn't rust. I had 10K on mine when I put it on, so I had to disconnect battery for an hour to let her reset. If truck comes with it, may not need to.

BTW, a REV won't fit in the short bed, in case you hauled it in your AC-Cab before.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for info!

I actually sold the sled :( Got fed up of the lousy winters. They've been getting worse and worse each year. It's just not worth it to own a high dollar sled anymore. So now I ride my 700R Raptor year round. Not quite the same fun..but still a bit of an adrenaline rush when needed.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Another question I have is about the LSD. On my Off Road package Access Cab, there is a dedicated switch for the diff lock. I noticed on my friends new 07 double cab sport, there is no switch for the LSD? I tought there was one, just like the diff lock switch I have. I could swear that in 05 there was one, anyone know the story behind that?

thanks
MK

·
Registered
459 Posts
Another question I have is about the LSD. On my Off Road package Access Cab, there is a dedicated switch for the diff lock. I noticed on my friends new 07 double cab sport, there is no switch for the LSD? I tought there was one, just like the diff lock switch I have. I could swear that in 05 there was one, anyone know the story behind that?

thanks
MK
What model did you get? All TRD Sport and some SR5 pkgs have a traditional Mech LSD. In the axle, no buttons. It's always 'on' 2wd or 4wd.

The 'button' you speak of is the 'Auto LSD', which is on trucks with VSC/TRAC. Its basically its an open diff that uses ABS (brakes) to act like a tradtional LSD. The 07 Tundra has this too. Can only be used in 2wd, so with a 4wd, I dont understand the point.

btw, sorry to hear you got outta sleddin, while it was the worst ever till mid Jan, after that, it became an awesome year after all. On the Tug Hill 200 miles east of you, got 300 inches this year. We were riding till two weeks ago. Unbelievable.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info. It's a little more clear now. As for the sledding, the area I rode in was around Georgian Bay. It traditionally gets bombarded with snow, but the problem was the weather leading up to the snow. Nothing but rain and mild temps. So there was too much standing water and no frost in the ground. Everywhere you went was mud and open water until late in the already shortened season. I had a kick as sled so I miss it terribly, but the anxiety of our winters was just too much. Just wasn't worth it anymore. If the weather ever returns to normal, I might get another. But until then....it's the atv and fishing as much as possible!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts