Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Resident Curmudgeon
5,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this ghastly news today- >> Beer drinkers, get ready to shell out more for a Bud: Anheuser-Busch InBev is boosting the price of its brews. <<
Next will be the Bourbons. :sada:

·
NO MA'AM
2,244 Posts
I thought they said beer was going up, but then I found out it was only Anheuser-Busch products. I don't drink those, and they're not really beer, so I'm ok. Touch my bourbon, though, and we're gonna have to have a talk.

~A

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
I thought they said beer was going up, but then I found out it was only Anheuser-Busch products. I don't drink those, and they're not really beer, so I'm ok. Touch my bourbon, though, and we're gonna have to have a talk.

~A
What he said......

·
&#924;&#927;&#923;&#937;&#925; &#923;&#913;&#914;&
1,613 Posts

~A
Yeah! What he said.

·
NO MA'AM
2,244 Posts
Small Batch or Single Barrel?
Depends on my mood. I grew up drinking Beam white label, so I have no problem with mass produced bourbon. I have been siding towards Beam black label a lot, though. Maker's is an old standby. Woodford Reserve is a good treat, but I don't like it straight, only with water or soda. To answer your question, yes. I'll drink anything once. If the price is right and the flavor is there to back it up, it earns a place in the cabinet full time (Next to the ever present SoCo 100, Jameson's, and Tullamore Dew).

~A

·
Premium Member
11,634 Posts
Depends on my mood. I grew up drinking Beam white label, so I have no problem with mass produced bourbon. I have been siding towards Beam black label a lot, though. Maker's is an old standby. Woodford Reserve is a good treat, but I don't like it straight, only with water or soda. To answer your question, yes. I'll drink anything once. If the price is right and the flavor is there to back it up, it earns a place in the cabinet full time (Next to the ever present SoCo 100, Jameson's, and Tullamore Dew).

~A
I've had scotch a couple times, didn't like it, but I'm told good scotch is much better.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
5,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

~A
I'd grab a beer before the mass produced stuff. Just don't have the innards for it. Basil Hayden (small batch) or Evan Williams (single barrel; not to be confused with EW rock-gut variety). Makers will work as well. Any of the 3, straight.:tu:

·
Resident Curmudgeon
5,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Apparently all the brewskis are on the rise, not just AB products. Caught this today:

>>But the three biggest beer companies are serving up a little buzz kill with their brew.

Beer prices rose nearly 4% in the first half of the year, and big brewers say prices will keep going up this fall. They're up less than a dollar a case thus far, but it bucks the trend of a 1.5% overall decline in food and beverages prices this year. <<

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
Quit whining you fellas. You should see the government taxes on gasoline here in Canada then you can take it back with you all!! :D

Sanosuke!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts