Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some before and after shots. Thanks everyone for the advice. The truck looks awesome. I'm going to have to go up another at least another inch in the rear. I don't know if I should add a spacer or a leaf. I'm thinking a leaf because I'm off-road a lot.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
looking good. nice topper too! so what did you end up actually doing to achieve this look?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Went with the Bilstein 5100's (front/rear), Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ 285/75/R16, and dropped the diff an inch. I'm going to raise the rear another inch, or at least add-a-leaf. The front sits a little higher than the rear, plus I don't have much suspension in the back now. I'm off-road with this truck a lot and need the suspension. Next project is horsepower, then exhaust, then some interior work. I love these trucks!

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
yeah the rear needs to go up, as you said. then it will look great. nothing worse than a frnt end lift only on a truck making it sit nose high...

·
Registered
6,781 Posts
HAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAAHHAHAHAHAHHHAAHA! Just for that I might have to lift my nose even higher!:heh:

Good looking truck, I like the sand mica color, don't see it too often.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Nice truck!! Everytime I see a lifted Dcab I want to sell mine and get one.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
HAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAAHHAHAHAHAHHHAAHA! Just for that I might have to lift my nose even higher!:heh:

please dont. it already looks like u ran out of funds or time and only did the front :) :devil::D

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
Here are some before and after shots. Thanks everyone for the advice. The truck looks awesome. I'm going to have to go up another at least another inch in the rear. I don't know if I should add a spacer or a leaf. I'm thinking a leaf because I'm off-road a lot.
what kind of lift did you decide to go with up front? if you put a budget lift on there then you might as well take it off and bring the truck back to stock ride height. Been there done that. learned my lesson.

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
looking good...I just got my 5100s for F and B my diff drop and my 1" blocks for the back. Installing them this weekend.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts

I agree, I think the RCD 6" would look great only in the front on your truck!!:D:tu::tu::tu:

·
Registered
56 Posts
I am getting my 5100's put on tomorrow 4th notch and I did my cv boot mod tonight. A local shop is putting the 5100's on for $85. As long as UPS stays true I should be doing the Diff drop tomorrow after work. Then wheels and tires by the end of the week.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Truck looks good. I have the Toytec leveling kit on my dbl cab. 2.5" spacer in front w/5100's & 1" leaf in the rear. The 5100's in the rear lifted it even more. It was pretty level with the old stock shocks. I don't have any pictures yet though

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have the 5100's in the rear and definitely want to raise it another inch. I need something that is going to give me good suspension but also be able to handle loads. I do use the truck as a truck, for ex. firewood, harley davidson, etc. What do I go with to get the results I want. Do I just add-a-leaf?

·
Registered
587 Posts
If you already have the 5100's in the rear AAL will work out really good. Gives you about 1.5" of lift and firms the ride up a little which is a good thing. If you go with blocks you wont get the suspension flex you would get from AAL.

·
Registered
78 Posts
If you already have the 5100's in the rear AAL will work out really good. Gives you about 1.5" of lift and firms the ride up a little which is a good thing. If you go with blocks you wont get the suspension flex you would get from AAL.
I could be wrong but I don't think add a leafs will increase your articulation, rather decrease it because your spring pack will be stiffer. If you are hauling a fair bit of weight in the back then they are a good option, otherwise go for the blocks which will maintain a softer ride which is better for off road.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I have the 5100's in the rear and definitely want to raise it another inch. I need something that is going to give me good suspension but also be able to handle loads. I do use the truck as a truck, for ex. firewood, harley davidson, etc. What do I go with to get the results I want. Do I just add-a-leaf?
I think Harley & firewood = AAL!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts