Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife delivered our first child/a boy on Tuesday. Thanks for the well wishes in advance.

I now need a bedcover for the truck as I know I'd rather haul the kid in my truck than in her Rav4, so, as I'll now need to put the stroller and whatever else in the bed, I will need an easy to use cover that won't break the bank.

Suggestions for cost as well as for ease of use?, meaning, I'd like to be able to roll the cover up for when I do need to put big stuff in and not a full hardcover.

For now I'm not worried about security but would like some waterproofness as well as it being able to take snow-weight in the winter.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
spenser24, thank you and THANK YOU for the link, those are right on the money and just what I'm looking for.

Now, I have an Access Cab, is that considered a short bed or long bed?, I suspect short and the regular cabs have the long bed.

·
Registered
19 Posts
i went with Access low profile roll up cover. It was a little pricey at about 400$, but so far its be great. when i need the bed it takes less than a min. to roll up. i have yet to see a winter yet with it but im sure itll be just fine. Also Lifetime warranty as well.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Sorry i was a little to late hahah looks like you got the link for it, go for it, its worth it

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Funny how the low profile was the one I had checked out first only because I had seen the "all weather" words used in the description as I get snow in the winter.

It is good to know that so far, there is 100% consensus. I also don't mind spending more, like $400 is not too bad as I like lifetime warranty as well as knowing it is widely used as I'm pretty sure there are quite a few manufacturers out there.

·
Premium Member
782 Posts
I don't know what recent cost is, and I think there is a knockoff worth looking into now, but my Undercover has withstood the test of time quite well. This thing hasn't let one drop of water in for the entire six years I've had it. It was money well spent and still looks new.

Edit: Just now went back and read the part about not wanting a hard cover. Sorry. I still stand by my statements for anyone else looking.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
5,211 Posts
Funny how the low profile was the one I had checked out first only because I had seen the "all weather" words used in the description as I get snow in the winter.

It is good to know that so far, there is 100% consensus. I also don't mind spending more, like $400 is not too bad as I like lifetime warranty as well as knowing it is widely used as I'm pretty sure there are quite a few manufacturers out there.
I did quite a bit of research and question asking before I finally I went with a hard cover (Retrax; mucho $$). Agricover was my first choice for soft. They're in ND or SD so they can handle cold / snow. Call them and ask questions. They were great on the phone. I think they used to have some discount coupons on their site as well.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
hi, you can get either a snap railing type or a velcro
it includes usually 1 or 2 curvedbars to hold of the center of the top.it also acts as a drain for the water.
since you don't want a hard cover.
you also might search ebay or craig list for a cover. you might get a expensive hard cover for cheap.
good luck,
gorilla

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
My extang trifecta was $300. It folds in three sections, so you only get access to 2/3 of the bed without removing it, but it's really easy to fold up and also to remove. Two spring-loaded clips near the tailgate allow it to fold, then two large "wing nuts" at the front clamp it on. Trifecta

I've had over a foot of snow on it and no sagging yet.

·
Registered
118 Posts
What did you pay for your duece? If you don't
mind saying

·
Registered
831 Posts
I love my Truxedo Truxport
$250 shipped, and works great.

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
I love my Truxedo Truxport
$250 shipped, and works great.
I second the Truxedo. I got mine used on Craigslist and I couldn't be happier. It's super easy to roll-up and hasn't let any water in whatsoever. The south doesn't see much snow so I can't comment on that.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
5,211 Posts
Thundra, good install is the key to water resistance. If you get a drip it is usually on a corner or it comes through the tail gate cracks. You can use clear silicone in the corners and it wont be that noticeable to the naked eye. You may also consider putting some waffle-weave anti-fatigue fats in the bed. These will keep your stroller stuff out of any water. I have a pic or two in my gallery. I think they were $20 at Home Depot.

I'd avoid a cover with snaps. One less worry down the road.

Luke at TruckAlterations.com - Your Truck Accessory Store! used to be a regular on TS. He's another one to ask questions of and he might give you a TS discount. 123Gone is a TS member and that is his line of work as well.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts