Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently bought a 2010 Tundra CM after trading my 05 Tacoma. I'm am looking for an Undercover for the Tundra and I am requesting your comments on the price and customer service of the company that you purchased your Undercover from. I'm open to considering other brands/models, but I am leaning heavily towards the Undercover. Thanks!

·
Registered
987 Posts
I bought mine on Autoanything. $599.00 with free shipping at the time. I like how it goes on and off easily. I only use it during the heavy rain months or on trips. It hangs on the wall in the garage when not in use. The only issue I have with it is the rubbing on the paint. If you do not align it very carefully, it will rub your paint on the corners of the bed. I've started putting painters tape on the corners when it's on the bed. Here's a link:

Undercover Tonneau Covers, Undercover Truck Bed Covers

·
Registered
63 Posts
I got my father-in-law an undercover from autoanything for his 08 DC and he loves it. He lives in NY and it stays on the truck. No complaints, no issues at all. They shipped it quick too, but then again, autoanything ships everything quick. Great place to buy parts.

·
Registered
561 Posts
$599.00 from autoanything.com...best price I could find. Easy install, no paint rubbing, easy on/off. Very happy with the cover and autoanything. In fact, I bought some seatcovers and weathertechs from them after I got the cover!

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm looking into getting an undercover as well, and if i had to order today, i would order through autoanything .com quick, fast, and FREE shipping, and their prices are really quite good. you can always get a 10% off coupon one way or another, as they are always advertising on their site.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Mine had one when I bought the truck. I sold it for fifty bucks to a guy locally. I just didn't care for the way it looked on the truck. It also rubbed the paint on the back passengar side. I just like giving folks a good deal every once in a while, and the wife said it had to get out of the yard asap.

I swapped out for a agri "vanish" rollup. Best swap I've ever made. The rollup just allows for much more usage of the truck functions.

The hard top basically turns the truck into a suv. You can't put anything tall back there such as a push mower, 4 wheeler, etc.

With the roll up it takes literally 20 seconds and it is completely rolled up next to the back window. The bed is then fully usable.

Just my 2 cents:)

·
Registered
159 Posts
The prices you are seeing on here are all about the same and all good prices. I got mine in 2007 right after I bought my truck - just as they came out with one for the crewmax. I think it was $700 installed..

I did want to add that I contacted Undercover a couple of months ago regarding some frustrations I had about trying to order parts from their website... (it wasn't really their fault, though). Dave Wells, President of Undercover, (or his assigned person using his name and e-mail) replied to my e-mail within 90 minutes, copying a customer service person and went way above and beyond the call of duty to make me a happy customer. So... IMO - it is a great cover, easy to remove and install, looks great, holds up great and outstanding company an customer service - you can't go wrong!

·
Banned
1,363 Posts
Check tundrasolutions. The owner, Luke, is a supporter of the forum. Great customer service.

Also Undercover Tonneau Covers - Authorized Undercover Retailer. They have it listed for $619. Call them...more than likely they will give you a better price if call them. They also have free shipping and 10% off $200 or more. Great Customer service as well. Good Luck!!

BTW...what part of the city are ya in??

·
Banned
1,363 Posts
Mine had one when I bought the truck. I sold it for fifty bucks to a guy locally. I just didn't care for the way it looked on the truck. It also rubbed the paint on the back passengar side. I just like giving folks a good deal every once in a while, and the wife said it had to get out of the yard asap.

I swapped out for a agri "vanish" rollup. Best swap I've ever made. The rollup just allows for much more usage of the truck functions.

The hard top basically turns the truck into a suv. You can't put anything tall back there such as a push mower, 4 wheeler, etc.

With the roll up it takes literally 20 seconds and it is completely rolled up next to the back window. The bed is then fully usable.

Just my 2 cents:)
I prefer a roll up cover as well!! The Truxedo rolls ups super easy!!

·
Registered
588 Posts
I use a Truck Covers USA roll up cover. I really like it. Several friends have them and they make their super dutiues almost look good. I would buy one again, but they cost almost twice what you're looking at.

·
Registered
63 Posts
**update**

I talked to my father-in-law tonight and he told me he went to lowes the other day and while opening the bed he noticed his undercover rubbed the paint down to the metal. That sucks. He did however touch it up, but what a pain.

·
Registered
561 Posts
**update**

I talked to my father-in-law tonight and he told me he went to lowes the other day and while opening the bed he noticed his undercover rubbed the paint down to the metal. That sucks. He did however touch it up, but what a pain.
He might want to adjust it either right to left or front to back, depending on where its hitting the paint. There should be enough clearance on both siderails and behind the gate..it's just a matter of geting it to sit correctly. It took a little extra time when I installed it (actually crawled into the bed with the cover closed a couple of times), but I've got a minimum of a 1/2 inch all around . I haven't seen a hint of the cover coming in contact with the paint, and I've been checking around the bed just about everytime I open the cover up.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks to all for the suggestions. I called AutoAnything.Com today, and the price was $599 PLUS $89 for shipping, even though their site has tons promotional ads stating free shipping. Go figure.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Thanks to all for the suggestions. I called AutoAnything.Com today, and the price was $599 PLUS $89 for shipping, even though their site has tons promotional ads stating free shipping. Go figure.
I believe it's because of the weight/size of the cover as well as it being drop shipped direct from Undercover. It's not like it's a regular size box being delivered, the cover is frick'in big and needs to be dropped off by a semi. If I'm not mistaken, they will inform you of this via phone call to make sure a semi can get to your street...one way or another.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
After looking at several trucks at work today with Undercovers or similar bed covers, I've decided to go with a roll-up/fold-up of some sort. The 2 Undercovers I looked at were both rubbing the paint near the front of the bed.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I think I will do the roll up my self if i was on the market for one, las undercover I used it rubbed the paint off. It is a PIA.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts