Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the best service ever today, and thought I'd write about it, since we all know that Toyota has it's fair share of crappy dealers.

I am in Frankfort, Michigan.....nearest Toyota dealer is about an hour drive away, and I've not had the best sales & service treatment there in the past.

So I decided to give Swaffers Toyota, in Cadillac Michigan a try.......they're an hour drive (in the other direction) from my house, and I needed to have my Ball Joint Recall performed on my 06 DoubleCab.

They sent a driver out to me, who brought me a Yaris loaner-car to drive while they serviced my truck........he took my truck back to the dealership, they serviced it, washed it, and he brought it back to me. NO CHARGE. He says they always do this courtesy service for their customers, regardless of what repairs are needed (warranty or not)........the truck wasn't even purchased from them!

The job was only a 2 hr job (approx). The driver spent at least FOUR hours on the road..........and the truck was even washed, did I mention that :) ??

Just thought I'd share my story.........good dealers are out there, sometimes you just have to look for them!!

Ben

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
I had the best service ever today, and thought I'd write about it, since we all know that Toyota has it's fair share of crappy dealers.

I am in Frankfort, Michigan.....nearest Toyota dealer is about an hour drive away, and I've not had the best sales & service treatment there in the past.

So I decided to give Swaffers Toyota, in Cadillac Michigan a try.......they're an hour drive (in the other direction) from my house, and I needed to have my Ball Joint Recall performed on my 06 DoubleCab.

They sent a driver out to me, who brought me a Yaris loaner-car to drive while they serviced my truck........he took my truck back to the dealership, they serviced it, washed it, and he brought it back to me. NO CHARGE. He says they always do this courtesy service for their customers, regardless of what repairs are needed (warranty or not)........the truck wasn't even purchased from them!

The job was only a 2 hr job (approx). The driver spent at least FOUR hours on the road..........and the truck was even washed, did I mention that :) ??

Just thought I'd share my story.........good dealers are out there, sometimes you just have to look for them!!

Ben
So were you on a list? did they order the BJ's for ya or did ya just call and they did all this? what ever that ROCKS!!

·
Registered
187 Posts
I shopped hard at my local dealer, but they wouldn't deal very much. I ended up purchasing a used Tundra at the next closest dealer. Still, I have used the service department here and gotten good service. My new used Tundra's battery died and I couldn't get it to jump start. Since it is a certified used truck, they sent a tow truck to take it to my local dealer. They diagnosed it was just the battery, but they didn't have one in stock to fit. They suggested they send for a certain brand I didn't want, so instead they had the courtesy driver drive me to the store of my choice to purchase the battery. They then installed it for me. Cost of diagnosing, driving me to the store of my choice, and installation? $11. And I didn't buy the truck from them. I think I'll continue to at least check on their prices and use them when comparable. At least they seem to try hard.

Glad you found a good service department too. A salesman told me the car sales don't really make any money. The real profit is in servicing the cars after the sale.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts