Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the best aftermarket headlight housings? I recently hit a deer and had the repairs done at the Toyota dealership. They used Depo brand housings. I run LED headlights and have tried several brands of lights but can't get a good beam pattern. These housings seem to throw a scattered pattern like a disco ball on Saturday night fever! Just for an experiment, I put the lights in my wife's Highlander since they are the same. She has the factory Toyota housings and the LED'S look great in her car. Now I'm wondering if I should get a different brand housing.

·
Registered
86 Posts
What are the best aftermarket headlight housings? I recently hit a deer and had the repairs done at the Toyota dealership. They used Depo brand housings. I run LED headlights and have tried several brands of lights but can't get a good beam pattern. These housings seem to throw a scattered pattern like a disco ball on Saturday night fever! Just for an experiment, I put the lights in my wife's Highlander since they are the same. She has the factory Toyota housings and the LED'S look great in her car. Now I'm wondering if I should get a different brand housing.
Best chance is a brand with CAPA specification, but few if any match the original OEM reflector performance. Eagle Eye brand is one that may work.

I once swapped new aftermarket lenses onto my oem lights with pretty good results.

Hard to imagine a dealer using Depot headlights. I consider those pretty low quality.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 3 of 3 Posts