Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to buy a heated seatcover for my wifes birthday coming up on the 6th.

Anyone have any experience with one and give me a suggestion?

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Google search?

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Not sure about a heating seatcover but I added heating seats elements to both my seats and have a 5 positions heat adjustment. The cloth seats look exactly as before as the heaters are below the cloth.

Both the wife and I love it ( in winter that is ... )

·
Premium Member
2,829 Posts
Not sure about a heating seatcover but I added heating seats elements to both my seats and have a 5 positions heat adjustment. The cloth seats look exactly as before as the heaters are below the cloth.

Both the wife and I love it ( in winter that is ... )
Now I need to look into your mod for my truck, since I've moved into more colder environment.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
hey Gene

It was a bit tedious to install but the heaters work very well.

If you need help with that mod, don't hesitate to contact me.

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
I am very curious about adding heated seats to my truck. I have the black leather interior. What brand did you use and do you have a thread with the install instructions? Also, on a scale from 1-10, how hard is the install?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
You can install heaters to any car seat ( cloth or leather ). Mine is a 2006 with cloth seats.

Make sure, if you have an air bag built in the side of the seat to unplug it according to the shop manual as you don't want that baby to blow up on you ....

As far as difficulty to install the heaters, the Tundra was by far the easiest car I ever did.

I took the passenger seat out of the truck ( 4 bolts and 1 plug underneath ) and opened the zippers located at the low end of the back part. It becomes clear then that you can simply peel the seat skin out of the seat back, then from the seat bottom.

I took my time and it took me about 4 hours to finish the passenger seat and put it back in the truck,

The driver seat took about an hour, as I had the method down path then !

I bought the heaters from :

Seat Heater for Cars and Trucks from HeatedSeatKits.com

They are OEM seat heaters for AUDI and other cars, and have been great so far ( 2 years ). I got the fancy ones with 5 heating positions but I could have used the High/Low models as well ( they are cheaper )

Do not buy from SPORTSIMPORTS as those people will NOT service their products and will never return your calls.

I did not take pictures during the work but have a few pics of the heater switches .

Contact me for further details if necessary.

If any of you guys are near Raleigh, NC, and you are afraid to tackle the job, come on over ! the two of us can do it in 1/2 day.

Al

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Here is a picture of the Land Cruiser kit you can purchase from sleeoffroad, but I'm not sure how it would hook up to a Tundra? Might be similar?

·
Registered
1,041 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
All kits are somewhat similar as they all consist of:

1. Seat heating elements
2. Rheostats to control the temperature
3. Power wiring ( 12V ) and fuse(s)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts