Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have the jbl 6 disc changer in my 06 dc. i researched a bit and found a USA Spec PA15TOY over at crutchfield for a buck '49. Anybody have this unit installed that would recommend it? or any other recommendations for a high quality ipod interface? i liked that the PA15TOY had an auxiliary input along with the ipod connector you can control from the steering wheel. historically i have upgraded everything on my vehicles except the stereo systems, so this is all really new to me. i appreciate your input HA!

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
We have a USA Spec in the wife's Acura and we love it. Lets us keep all factory controls and works perfect. The aux input is a big plus as well.

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
I have one in my 05 Tundra. I haven't had any problems with it. I have my Sirius radio run through the aux input. Sound quality is excellent.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I wouldn't hesitate.... have one in my 07 Tacoma and now in my 06 Tundra... They work great! Nice crisp sound and very easy to install... One cable to the deck and you're cooking.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am getting an 2010 crew max. I am looking as well. I could not find you "USA Spec PA15TOY" at cruchfield. Any help would be great. Has anyone used this in an 2010?

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I used the USASpec PA15-Toy in both an 07 Tacoma and 06 Tundra and loved it! Have an 08 CM now and the only reason I'm not putting one in this truck is that there is already an auxilery jack. Highly recommend USASpec.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have the USA-Spec PA15-TOY and am very happy with it. I like the fact that it has the ipod interface and an aux input as well that I use for my satellite radio. Look for them on E-bay they're cheaper. I paid $110 for mine with free shipping. Good luck!!

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
I am getting an 2010 crew max. I am looking as well. I could not find you "USA Spec PA15TOY" at cruchfield. Any help would be great. Has anyone used this in an 2010?
Search "581PA15TOY" at crutchfield.com. If you have factory XM, you also need the sat adapter cable "581CASTOY".

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
I've got one in my 04 works great

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
My boss just bought one for his 07 Tacoma because we had both researched it and everyone seemed to really like it. After we hooked it up it recognized the iPod and everything seemed to work really well .....other than getting no sound. Any ideas?

Since I don't have the JBL system in my truck I went with a Scion factory radio model T1808 (more powerful, mp3 cd, iPod, sat) with an iPod cable. I spent $50 on the radio and $35 on the cable. I'm very pleased with it and since it's a direct swap, I can always go back to stock if I sell the truck.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts