Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be taking delivery of my RAV 4 in about 2-3 weeks. Decided not to go with Toyota's mats (and cargo area mat). They look nice, but don't seem to wae all that well. Just wondering what others are using?
Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
This is a late reply as I do not log on this forum often. As my RAV is used a fair amount for hauling my biking buddies, biking gear, and bikes (on a hitch mount), the interior sees a fair amount of dust and dirt. It also has black carpeting and interior which tends to show dust and dirt quite easily. To address this, I purchased a Husky cargo mat for the rear and the Toyota RAV4 clear plastic mats for the the front and rear passenger areas. The Husky cargo liner is great. The containment lip keeps all the dirt and debris contained and its a quick job to pull it out spray-rinse, wipe dry, and replace. The Toyota mats were an expensive mistake for my needs. They fit snug and keep the flat area of coverage clean, but do not provide containment lips like on the Husky mats and other similar rugged mats. I'm probably going to replace the front and rear with Husky mats. You might consider the Husky mats if your RAV will be seeing a lot of dirt, mud, water, or general abuse. They are not glamerous and are pricey, but will definitely keep the flooring from being trashed.

If you do not need such robust mats as the Husky mats, I would just check out the floor mat stock at Wal-Mart or your local auto store before going to the Toyota mats. The Toyota mats do fit exactly and will anchor to prevent creep, but you will pay 2 - 3 times what you might find at the auto store.

JKD

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Weathertech - they are abit pricy, but do an excellent job protecting the interior. I have mine for ~2 months - best investment.

·
Registered
45 Posts
+1 on the Weathertechs, I've had mine for over a year, still loving them. I've used the Huskys in the past in other vehicles, the WTs are much nicer.

Tim

·
Registered
8 Posts
+2 on the weathertechs , My Wife has them in Her Rav. They fit well and hold a lot of trash from getting to the carpeting . Also ,(dare I say it ) , I have them in My Titan as well :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Agree with the above two posters regarding the fit and quality of the Weathertech.com floor mats and cargo mats. They fit like OEM, keep melted snow and mud in place, somewhat expensive but I dare say they are worth the cost, especially if you live in four season climates. Take care!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I need your opinion. I just bought a 08 Blizzard White Limited with Taupe Leather. The interior is more of a putty color instead of tan. I'm pretty sure the tan Weathertech's will look like crap.

Should I go Grey or Black? Anybody else have this color combo with Weathertech's?

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Husky liners are nice but those weather techs look nice. I dont like the weather techs no the Tundra b/c theres no lip all the way around the mat in the front. I would go with the weather techs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts