Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I just got my 2007 Tundra DC 5.7 TRD two days ago and man do I love this truck! I wanna do a few mods to kinda personalize it and I was wondering if anyone could recommend a shop in the LA area to get an exhaust. This is my first truck so I don't know much about truck exhausts, as far as what's good and such so if you guys could give suggestions on an exhaust, that'd be great too. Thanks.

Danny

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Hi all, I just got my 2007 Tundra DC 5.7 TRD two days ago and man do I love this truck! I wanna do a few mods to kinda personalize it and I was wondering if anyone could recommend a shop in the LA area to get an exhaust. This is my first truck so I don't know much about truck exhausts, as far as what's good and such so if you guys could give suggestions on an exhaust, that'd be great too. Thanks.

Danny
I was just in LA last week, cool.

I'm having a 22" magnaflow dual in / single out & 3" pipe all the way out. Stock size is 2.75".
What do you think?
$300 total cost installed.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That sounds perfect! Where can I get one?

I'm having a 22" magnaflow dual in / single out & 3" pipe all the way out. Stock size is 2.75".
What do you think?

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
That sounds perfect! Where can I get one?
Here in Orem, UT hahahahaha!

I don't know down there. I know you want mandrel bent tubing ( insist on it) Most folks here suggest the magnaflow just because it has a LT warranty & is stainless steel plus sounds deeper.
But i had the same thing done to my 02 sequoia but used the 70 series flowmaster & i liked the sound.
But i don't want my truck super loud, just louder than it is.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Congrats on the new ride. That's the exact truck I'm looking to buy. The 07' Tundra DC SR5 TRD 5.7. Where did you buy it? What was the cost and what type of financing. Thx.

Danny

·
Registered
528 Posts
Head on down to West Coast Choppers.....get a Jesse James exhaust

·
Registered
77 Posts

What do you think?
$300 is too much. i unwillingly paid $160 for a similar setup with a flowmaster muffler but no pipe after the exhaust. with the pipe it would have been $200. go to valley muffler off the 60 and nogales.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I believe the SEMA show unit had JBA shorties on it and I heard that the entire system was done in L.A. Call JBA in San Diego and they should be able to tell you who did the set up.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Congrats on the new ride. That's the exact truck I'm looking to buy. The 07' Tundra DC SR5 TRD 5.7. Where did you buy it? What was the cost and what type of financing. Thx.
Thanks! I got it at Toyota of Glendale. I got it for $29,500 before tax & fees. I got a quote from Carson Toyota that was a little lower, $29,000, but the one I got has a couple more minor options and Carson Toyota didn't want to deal with my trade in. Plus, the guy at Glendale was real cool, his name is DJ Williams. The price was about $2k off MSRP.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just picked up my truck from the Line-X dealer. I asked the guy about an exhaust shop & he said they sell them. So I asked for a quote on the Magnaflow and he called his distributor and they said it's not available til the 21st and that they will be back ordered for a month. Well, the quote he gives me is like $850! Is that right for a Magnaflow?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
$300 is too much. i unwillingly paid $160 for a similar setup with a flowmaster muffler but no pipe after the exhaust. with the pipe it would have been $200. go to valley muffler off the 60 and nogales.
Hey, thanks! I just called them & spoke to Ray. He quoted me $250 for a Magnaflow with chrome tip & 3" mandrel bent piping installed. That's the best price so far.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Hey, thanks! I just called them & spoke to Ray. He quoted me $250 for a Magnaflow with chrome tip & 3" mandrel bent piping installed. That's the best price so far.
Is the tip going to be stainless?
Mine included the stainless.

Wow, actually less in CA? That's got to be a first.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts