1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
50 Posts
i have the one that looks the same as the smittybuilt. i got mine at ORW. mine was more expensive. seems heavy duty. i like it.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
The RP receiver hitch from wheelers offroad. It is 30 bucks and it has served my just fine. It has taken plenty of hard tugs, both constant and of the "yanking" type to pull other people out.

I would say go for that one. Here is the link.....just scroll down a little bit.

Tow Straps and Accessories - Wheeler's Off-Road, Inc

·
Registered
246 Posts
I have one of those RP's as well. Whichever you get, toss the Chinese shackle they come with, and get a Crosby or Campbell, something domestic.

·
Premium Member
6,857 Posts
Are you using it to loop the end of a tow strap? If so, you can always just insert the tow strap into the receiver then, insert the hitch pin through the loop. othwerwise, the 3/4" d shackles are good sizes to keep in your truck. I have several. Some will say the US made ones are better. So, to each his own. I've used both US and China versions with no issues then again, I may not be using them to it's limits.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
I think mine's an older Superwinch. I think pretty much any of them will hold up, even the cheap shackles will hold more weight than you can put on them, I believe either the strap would fail or your truck would rip in half before a shackle of that size would fail. I've abused mine for years and it's still there......

1 - 6 of 6 Posts