Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 02 access cab tundra and was wondering what is the best sounding muffler for the tundra they have out there.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi conner i got the flowmaster series 50 ,i hate it i sounds horrible i want to get rid of it i am saving for a series 40.
i got a 06 dc tundra .

·
Ever the explorer
2,391 Posts
Borla

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have an 06 DC with a Borla cat back. It sounds great. You can get it with rear or side exit pipes. It uses the stock mounts. It's a bit pricey, but it's made from aircraft grade stainless steel and will last for the life of your truck. If you visit their site, they have sound files you can play if you want to listen to it. Frankly, it's a bit louder in real life than on the site. That is not a bad thing, though!

·
Premium Member
693 Posts
I had the Banks Monster Cat back on my 2000 and thought that was the best sounding system I have heard.
I haven't decided what to do on the 06 but am leaning toward the Magnaflow 14" or 18" muffler .

·
Registered
35 Posts
check out the Jardine cat-back from doug thorley. mine sounds great, not overly loud, with a deep tone, and very little resonance.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My brother has a Spintech on his '01 and I like the sound (no noise in the cab when cruising, but it growls when pushed), and that's what I'm going to get. However I am unsure of the pipe size. I have done a search (for you "try the search feature" fans
) and I get from 2 1/4" to 3" pipe diameter.

I have a '06 4.0L 6 speed manual.

Does anyone know the exact diameter of the exhaust pipe

Thanks,

·
Registered
35 Posts
2.25 will be perfect, but a shop can get a 2.5 to work just fine. i think i put the 2.5 magnaflow on my wifes 06 taco with the 4.0l.

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
magnaflow on my t100-magnaflow on my 03 ac now-and u better believe im cutting it off and throwing the stock system on when I sell- Then when I get ahold of a DC its going back on-

many compliments-

-todd

·
Registered
115 Posts
spintech sportsman street is what ive had for the last year and it sounds great nothing but praise from all my buddies (guys and girls) and not very loud inside and only slight amount of drone around 1700-2000 rpms

·
Registered
141 Posts
i have a borla side swept system...not loud at all just sounds really good, sounds really racy, not ricey, when stomping on it you can hear the exhaust being blown out of the pipe i like it..if you want a little roaring under the hood put on a k&n aircharger, it sounds better in my opinion than any exhaust ive heard on a tundra

·
Registered
67 Posts
TRD Stainless cat-backs, tuned perfectly for the Tundra V8...

·
Registered
665 Posts
Magnaflow 14" (I have sound clips in my gallery).

·
Premium Member
693 Posts
The sound clips of the 14" Mag sound good didn't seem too loud in the Cab .

Magnaflow 14" (I have sound clips in my gallery).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts