Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fixin' to change my spark plugs and I'm wondering which ones are the best.
Was looking at NGK and Bosch.
Any particular ones I should be looking at?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
NGK or Denso, Toyotas do not like bosch anything-makes them run poorly

That's not good for me then because I replaced my O2 censors with Boschs.

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
I replaced with the NGK spark plugs. Hint: use a small hose to install the spark plugs that way you can get them started without stripping the threads.

Scoob

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I replaced with the NGK spark plugs. Hint: use a small hose to install the spark plugs that way you can get them started without stripping the threads.

Scoob
I saw that in my Haynes book but I don't get how that work or help.

Which NGK plugs should I get?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are e3 spark plugs any good?

·
Registered
917 Posts
I dont know any other way to put this so here... NGK or DENSO... You can pay more but the only thing you will notice is a lighter wallet.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
524 Posts
Thats the brand name, NGK. Just ask for them, dont have them the dealer does and they arent to costly.

That's not good for me then because I replaced my O2 censors with Boschs.
I would remove them if you can, friend of mine put those in a 4runner and had issues. He compared the sensors physically and took readings on the new bosch and a new denso and you would be amazed at the readings. The bosch wassnt even close to proper readings as per the toyota factory manual while the denso was spot on.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, I know they are the brand name. My question is which NGK's (iridium, platinum, etc...) should I look at?

I would remove them if you can, friend of mine put those in a 4runner and had issues. He compared the sensors physically and took readings on the new bosch and a new denso and you would be amazed at the readings. The bosch wassnt even close to proper readings as per the toyota factory manual while the denso was spot on.
Man that sucks. I just put 2 new Bosch o2 sensors in my truck.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Also forgot to mention, the bosch sensors themselves are physically totally different and thats probably why they dont get the right readings. They are shorter and dont go as far into the pop as the densos.

We thought it was a fluke, maybe we got wrong ones. Tried 2 different stores, same part #.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts