Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm prettty sure the 18" alloy wheels that come with the 07's have the Bridgestone H/T's right? I have them on my 05 Tundra. While the wear has been great, they aren't the best handling tire either on or off road.

I'd be looking to swap from the get go for a new set of tires. Something good on and off road. But not too noisy on road. I had great luck with Bridgestone A/T's before.

But what is some of the better tires out there?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The two tires I'm thinking about now are:

Goodyear Wranger (new Silent Armor) tires

Bridgestone dueler A/T Revos.

Anyone with experience with these shoes?

·
Registered
110 Posts
My 07 Tundra DC has the optional 18" alloys - they came with Michelins - 275/65 R18 - probably a good highway tire, but leaves something to be desired for off-road.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Mine came with the BFGoodrich T/A's (TRD Package). They are decent but not much in the way of self cleaning while mudding. In all fairness, this is a different tread than the other T/A's or TKO's.

I have had very good luck with the Bridgestone Revo's, and didn't get to wear them out but pretty good with the Toyo A/T's. I have never been a very big Goodyear guy.

I checked a while back on the Revo's and the website says they only have 11/32 however. This is same as most passenger tires. Most of the other sizes show 13 to 16/32 for the same tire, typo?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Mine came with BFG Rugged Trail T/As. I'll be switching to BFG AT KOs when the time comes.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have the Bridgestone Dueller A/T Revos on my '01 Tacoma (for the next week or so, until my Tundra gets in :)).

I like them a lot. Good on and off road.

Not mudders, mind you, but good all around tires for the off-roading I do - mostly forest roads or old logging roads/trails with a mix of hard bottomed mud, dirt/gravel mix, and occasional boulder gardens. Haven't been stuck yet, and I've pulled just about every type of 4x4 out of holes in the 6 years I've owned her.

On road, the noise less than the BFG's I got with the Tacoma new (2001 TRD) and the wet/snow traction is better too. I don't have any confidence issues with these tires in heavy rains; just go go go - not something I could say about the BFGs. In snow, they are a bit slippy when starting out/hard stop, but no problems with lateral movement (turning).

So far, I have about 18K miles on them and they're doing well. Good ride too. Not too stiff, not too soft.

·
Registered
51 Posts
The two tires I'm thinking about now are:

Goodyear Wranger (new Silent Armor) tires

Bridgestone dueler A/T Revos.

Anyone with experience with these shoes?
Bridgestone dueler A/T Revos are simply ahead of every thing else listed, the bad thing is they cost more too. Had them on my 03 Tundra and did not not find a better all around tire.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts