Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm getting a little bit of cash back from Uncle Sam this year. I've already done the 2.5 lift and bilstien HD shocks for my 04 SR5 2wd. I've also got a set of 285/75r16 Nitto terra grapplers on order. So the off road aspect is taken care of. My question is, What upgrade to your ride, engine, exhaust, ect., is your favorite? Please help me spend this cash before my wife finds something sensible to do with it!!!:) Thanks.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Go for the JBA headers, and a Uni-chip! My wife wants the remote start, and a rear DVD player...but that will probably be a while...

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
I think overall mods, my rear ARB locker has served me best for the ways that I like to use my 01 for fun. Of course, mud terrain tires are a given with a locker installed.

I questioned the combination of "2wd" and "off road aspect taken car of" in you post but, if you plan on running in a lot of dust/dirt/weeds then a cold air intake with a cleanable air filter will serve you well in the long run. If you have $ leftover, headers and catback exhaust system will open the engine on the other end.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Check out www.trdparts4u.com for some other accessories. They have a Bassani stainless exhaust cat-back system for $295. Also, cosmetically speaking you might be able to get your hands on a TRD grille on ebay.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the ideas. In reference to the 2wd and off road comment, I don't plan on doing anything other than riding the logging roads and national forest areas around here in the sequoia. I've got my 350c.i. Jeep YJ sitting on 38's if I want to get into the nasty stuff. Not going to take a vehicle as nice as the sequoia and thrash it all weekend when it's ALOT cheaper and easier to fix the jeep. Each to his own...

·
Registered
121 Posts
You do realize that a tax refund is actually your money that was paid in during the year, right? It's not found or free money.

Stick it in a savings account for a rainey day.

·
Registered
5 Posts
This probably won't help you. I just bought a 2007 Sequoia and (right away) installed the K&N CAI. WOW, I love how it sounds and it has inspired me to install other mods! I think the CAI is a great first mod.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts