Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was interested in hearing about the best "bang for the buck" upgrades. I have a 2006 DC 4x4 and am looking to add to its appearance and handling. I appreciate all input. I was thinking 5100's, sway bar, and replace the steering bushings?

·
2,444 Posts
Sounds like I have a similar truck to yours. I use mine for a daily driver and I do work in the construction trades.

So far I think the 5100s, but you know it is personal preference. Second would be the pop&lock tailgate lock. Third would be the air lift system with the on board air, that has been an awesome time/aggravation saver. Fourth would be the AALs and the rest are excellent additions but don't rate quite as high on the "bang for the buck" scale.

I haven't done the sway bar... yet. :D

I have the bushings but have not installed them yet because my steering rack is leaking and I think I will wait until I get that work done before I do anything more to the front end.

·
Premium Member
989 Posts
For me, the BEST upgrade I did was HID's!!! I have also upgraded the stereo to an Alpine, hard wired 4 extra power ports, I have a tint strip across the top of my windshield, and I added a Gaylord's X-2000 hard tonneau cover.

The next things I want to do is add a Safari bar with lights, Wet Okole seat covers, and wheels & tires.

·
Here for the long haul!!!!
131 Posts
For me it would have to be the Camburg UCA's or Maybe the Fitch fuel Catalyst. Don't have the 5100's yet but that or JBA headers are next!!!

·
Registered
567 Posts
i'd say some nice big off road lights on the front and some additional reverse lights on the back, and then hid's

Andrew

·
Registered
120 Posts
trd limited slip if u dont have limited slip.

·
Mech. Engr. / Mechanic
824 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
jba headers for me

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
Sun roof for me. I get more enjoyment out of this mod than any of the others. Others in order are: Hellwig rear sway bar, Bilstein HDs, TC rack bushings and alignment to DJs specs for the suspension aspect.

·
Registered
68 Posts
not sure about bang for buck but love my airbag suspension with onboard air! solved a lot of my towing issues and very handy to have, but more of a specialized mod, if you dont tow/haul like I do then there is no need....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I finally installed the steering bushings and sway bar bushings. I also put on some spidertrax wheel spacers. What an improvement in initiating a turn. Big difference and well worth the money. The spacers give the Tundra the look it should have had from the factory. Suspension is up next. Very good upgrade for the price. Go to Wheelers off road, extremely helpful and great service. Cheers.

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
the hellwig rear sway will definitely bring a smile to your face. not on the list, but... if you need extra-lockable storage space then the truck cover usa retractable tonneau cover is top notch.:tu:

·
Registered
6,743 Posts
Got you all beat! Tire pressure!:D
Actually the free airbox mod. Chopped elbow, yanked fishtank filter, reinstalled. Much better.:thumb:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts