Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Tundraers,
Been a while since I've posted on here. But since it's tax return season, I just thought I'd get some opinions. I've decided to invest roughly 1000$ into my baby. So far I have decided on bilstein 5100s all around because my OEM shocks have had their day (they are finally back in stock at shockwarehouse!). I also have a set of ToyTec add a leafs to compliment them. Looking at setting them on highest level.

Truck has been wandering on the road lately. If wandering persists after shock replacement and alignment, I might look into new steering bushings etc...

With the remainder money, I'm trying to decide between a sway bar, fog lights (OEM replacements with 3000K HID ballasts and bulbs), HID projector headlight mod, seat covers and/or floormats. I'm looking to spend around 550$ on any combination of these parts. Wish I could have them all, but I can't at the moment. So I'm looking for anyone's opinions or ideas on what they would/are going to buy for their trucks. Might as well start that wish list people!

·
Premium Member
11,253 Posts
My tax return went to:

1. Bills
2. Nitrogen bottle, regulator, hose
3. Wall mounted spring compressor

...so I can do a complete rebuild/revalve/thorough molestation of my coilovers & rear shocks in my own garage.

With that grand, skip the 5100s, let the rear be stock for a while, and get some 2.5" remote resis for the front end from Camburg or Icon. :D

-Sean

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
hi ,start a college fund, if you have children.
OR
spend it on your wife, if your married.
it will allow you alot more fun down the road.
or
pay your bill's ahead of time.
or if you don't have kid's or a wife, do up your tundra.
gorilla

·
Premium Member
2,269 Posts
hi ,start a college fund, if you have children.
OR
spend it on your wife, if your married.
it will allow you alot more fun down the road.
or
pay your bill's ahead of time.
or if you don't have kid's or a wife, do up your tundra.
gorilla
Actually very good advice, but, where I am.

.Daughter has graduated college with help from Dad
.Daughter is in new house with help from Dad for down payment
.Wife is paid off and no longer in the picture
.I paid off all my bills and invested so I can retire early

Planning to play with the Tundra in the HP department and enjoy this year
even though I do not get a tax return....I pay out every year in 2 countries, go figure!

·
Registered
587 Posts
I'd do some coilovers should run you about a grand! Like Sean said leave the back stock and drive around like a Trophy Truck for a while.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good input everyone!
Seat covers would be awesome. save me from shampooing me seats yearly (what a chore!)
As for coilovers, I have seriously considered them, but this truck is my street vehicle 98% of the time. Not sure if I would ever fully use them.
I don't have a mortgage (rent for now, saving up for a house on kauai)
All my bills are paid for
No wife or kids that i know of
So my $ goes to my truck!

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Actually very good advice, but, where I am.

.Daughter has graduated college with help from Dad
.Daughter is in new house with help from Dad for down payment
.Wife is paid off and no longer in the picture
.I paid off all my bills and invested so I can retire early

Planning to play with the Tundra in the HP department and enjoy this year
even though I do not get a tax return....I pay out every year in 2 countries, go figure!

hi the advise wasn't asked by you. but thankyou for your comment. you have done what i have done. a very smart man for sure.
NOW! eveytime i see your 2000 tundra, & i hear about people having isssue's with there paint.
i shake my head.
because i know what you have done to your tundra, alot more than most.
if i was to guess, it's garaged, but has about since the year 2000 to 2010 about 1000 coats of wax on her.

she is just amazing to look at. this is what a awesome exterior look's like!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
very well maintained.
i SMILE:becky: every time i see your beautyful tundra. :)

now i'd love to see you trick her out. keep me posted.

i happen to love to buy your tundra. but you already told me she isn't for sale.
it's the only 2000 i have ever seen, that look's better than a brand new 2011, that hasn't come out yet.;-) LOL:first:

what a awesome looking 2000 tundra.
i seen a few 2000's in this color, and they look almost pink.
faded to the max.
your's looks like a mirror.
i could shave in the gloss mirror finish.
i'm not ki$$ing your a$$, it's just fact!
points given for keeping your tundra the way she looks,
&
for what you have done with your life & kid's, & being in the men's club. LOL i'm on my 3rd wife! LOL
your what most men wish they could be. FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
gorilla

·
Registered
206 Posts
With an unborn son on the way I am saving for diapers and a larger apartment/ or buy a house:tu:

·
Professional Driver
501 Posts
I had the same thing in mind, spend $1000 on my truck. So, after looking for a while, I decided to get some Toytec coilovers and Wet Okole seat covers. I was running a spacer lift so I wanted to upgrade that plus I has the wet Okole's on my Tacoma and loved them. It was a quick way to spend a grand, but oh well!

The rest of my return goes into my house which is also a work in progress.

·
Premium Member
2,269 Posts
..if i was to guess, it's garaged, but has about since the year 2000 to 2010 about 1000 coats of wax on her.

...now i'd love to see you trick her out. keep me posted.

..for what you have done with your life & kid's, & being in the men's club. LOL i'm on my 3rd wife! LOL your what most men wish they could be. FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
gorilla
Sorry to go OT here, but, I had to at least say thanks for the comments to Gorilla.
A couple of comments here, yes, my ride is always garaged and does not see salt in New England (it is like a Florida or CA truck :) Paint is maintained with clay, polish, glaze sealant, and wax with about 6-8 coats in total. Keeps it well protected, and as most know, Toyota paint needs protection.

I have more plans for this Spring/early summer, starting with SC install and more engine detailing (powdercoating or anodizing for components). Stay tuned for new updates and pics.

For my current position, we call it "experience" being a little older. Made my mistakes along the way, but, eventually learned from it. Not ready for another "wife" but, very happy with
my GF who gives me plenty of room to live.

Keep up the good work on your ride as well. Need to get more pics of it posted.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts